[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the purpose of a producer outside of hip hop, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: music-producer.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
music-producer.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
What's the purpose of a producer outside of hip hop, /mu/?

Can't you just press record and play your songs then leave with an album? How do people get paid for this?
>>
>>66084874
op be like "idk who Phil Spector is"
>>
listen to more music
>>
>>66084874
Mastering and editing
>>
>>66084874
Producers direct the efforts of unfocused creative types and generally run the show in the studio, saving studio time and money
>>
>>66084904
>I don't know what a record producer does

it sure as hell is not mastering, dumbass.
>>
>Can't you just press record and play your songs then leave with an album?
No. This question leads me to believe you've never attempted to record music before.

>>66084928
This. The guy I work with is very adept at wrangling us into focus, so he can do his job and we leave with a satisfying product.
>>
File: October Rust.jpg (113 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
October Rust.jpg
113 KB, 1000x1000
>>66084874
Producer helps assist where the album is going to go. Producer does many of the effects and is in the key role of making the album sound good.
In some bands, the Producer is basically a member of the band.
>>
>>66085089
Whoa, I had no idea Peter and Josh did the production on this album.
>>
WHO IS GEORGE MARTIN
>>
>>66084874
The producer usually owns all the equipment and does the mixing. Recording music is actually insanely complex, the instruments, the mics, the room, and the electronics all have a serious impact on the sound.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.