[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To me Death Grips is a dull as a used sword now. The Money Store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: pefect.jpg (103 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
pefect.jpg
103 KB, 1280x800
To me Death Grips is a dull as a used sword now. The Money Store was so fucking on point with production, beats, and lyrics by MC Ride. The album just flows with the story of a crazy hobo that is trying to forget all these government shit he has seen. It is a brain ride. I WANT A RIDE. Get Got, Fever, I've Seen Footage, Hustle Bones, The Cage(best song on the album), and the other songs are perfect. They made a perfect album with the Money Store. You can not pick a favorite song because it is constantly changing. No Love Deep Web just made it more dark with some more electronic beats that were very focused to make the right kind of atmosphere. This was the golden era of Death Grips. Every single project after Government Plates has been brittle guitars, noisy non interesting beats, and watered down lyrics. The Death Grips hype train is running on desperate fan boys at the moment. Music journalism isn't taking them serious anymore. They are not breaking any new ground anymore. Bottomless Pit is a mess. There is no brains put into that album. Don't get me wrong. Stand out tracks: "Eh"(great critique of the DG fanbase), and Ring a Bell are fantastic tracks. I still think Jenny Death is trash. The only standout tracks are Inanimate Sensation, On Gp, and Pss Pss. Jenny Death is a 4/10 album realistically. Just brittle guitars with beats BROUGHT UP TO WAY TO LOUD VOLUMES. WE ARE PLAYING LOUD SO THEY MUST BE GOOD. You can not honestly argue that Turned Off, Beyond Alive, Centuries of a Damn are not 1/10 songs. Very forgettable songs. NIggas on the Moon is a 10/10 and they are separate albums in my opinion.God hope their next album is a god send or they are in the trash.

Do you think they can pull through and make another 10?
>>
Do people really think The Money Store is their best?
>>
>>66075151
I'm super late to the party and only just started listening to them and IMO Exmilitary blows Money Store out of the water. Money Store really slumps after I've Seen Footage all the way until Hacker, that whole section is just meh songs. Exmil's dip is far less significant, though I reckon it'd be a 10 if they had another song as strong as the first 4 right near the end.
>>
you're literally 100% right.
>>
exmil is their only good release
bottomless pit was pretty good tho
>>
lol, TMS is a bunch of obscure samples. That's why they're production methods seem to "change" every album. They rarely actually write shit. Their sampling is pretty abstract sometimes tho
>>
>>66076218
this, at this point I'm ready to just avoid any new release from them, but they really pulled through with bottomless pit.
Their sound is just getting old as fuck, I really wish they'd release a toned down/stripped back record but I doubt that will happen. I think part of the performance art aspect of death grips is that they will just keep doing the same shit over and over again, until everyone is eventually just sick of it. I know I already kind of am.
>>
>There are people on /mu/ RIGHT NOW that don't know Niggas on the Moon is their masterpiece
>>
>>66074744
>copypasta
>>
niggas on the moon is the best thing death grips have put out in their entire career, objectively

furthermore, jenny death was inconsistent but tracks like On GP and Inanimate Sensation were godlike
>>
>>66074744
>the story of a crazy hobo
stopped reading there, opinion discarded.
>>
>>66077253
>>66077321
T H I S
>>
>you will never hear Up My Sleeves for the first time again

That shit absolutely blew me away. My first listen was on a great sound system in a dark room. When the noisey part kicked in I felt like my face was melting. And Stefan's delivery throughout the track, my god. Kinda bums me out that they reverted to some of the stuff on BP after such an impressive album but eh I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>66075151
NotM=Exmilitary>BP>NLDW>GP>MS>>>>>JD
>>
>there are people on mu right now who weren't even hear for NLDW arg in 2012 and think they have the right to have an opinion on DG

Yikes
>>
GP is the only good album produced by the mediocrity that Death Grips is.
>>
>>66078363
I like the repetitive samples. But most people get triggered by GP

>FEELS LIKE A WHEEL
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.