[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best track on Ys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Ys_cover.jpg (28 KB, 337x295) Image search: [Google]
Ys_cover.jpg
28 KB, 337x295
What's the best track on Ys?
>>
Only Diamonds
>>
Sawdust & Diamonds
>>
>>66061439
emily or cosmia
>>
Holland 1945
>>
Cosmia IMO
>>
AND I MISS YOUR PREEEECIOUS HEART
>>
Only Skin > Emily > Sawdust and Diamonds > Monkey and Bear > Cosmia
>>
obviously Only Skin or ur a mega pleb
>>
>>66061439

sawdust and diamonds>only skin>cosmia>emily>monkey and bear

thats it thats the list
>>
>>66061707
ye, or only skin.
Honestly every track hits every mark it aims for, and every track aims incredibly high
>>
Sawdust & Diamonds by a country mile.
>>
File: Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg (135 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
Joanna_Newsom_-_Have_One_On_Me.jpg
135 KB, 452x452
What's the best track here?
>>
>>66061985
bb bch
>>
>>66061985
kingfisher!!!!!
>>
>>66061985
In California
>>
>>66061985
title track
>>
ppp obviously
>>
>>66062222
HERE'S LOLA TA-DA TA-DO
>>
Sawdust & Diamonds.

Only Skin is lyrically the worst track on the album.
>>
>>66062606
uh, how?
>>
>>66061985
I don't know, by the time that album came out, her quirkiness had begun to diminish her work. Ys is her best album because her quirk never overshadows her there, unlike her first and third, but, at the risk of sounding sexist, there are still moments where you can tell it was written by a woman, and not just because it sounds whimsical and pretty. I'd actually say her second best album goes to Divers, because it has her most direct songwriting and is great start to finish.
>>
>>66062657
I don't know, it's just so "whatever" and is kind of cliche at some places, which can't really be said about the lyrics on any other track on the album.
>>
>>66062798
Really? I'd say HOOM is probably her LEAST quirky album. Her vocals are toned down, the arrangements are more sparse, minimal, and less embellished, and the lyrics are direct and even plain-spoken at times. I'd agree about Divers but even the concept is a little bit abstruse at times.
>>
>>66062155
>Well I have sown untidy furrows across my sould but I am still a coward
>Content to see my garden grow so sweet and full of someone else's flowers
This
>>
>>66062911
this. it's a pretty mature and straightforward break-up album. i love it, but if anything there are times where i wish it was actually a little bit more colorful and 'quirky'
>>
>>66061439
IDK

>>66061985

GOOD INTENTIONS PAVING COMPANY

OCCIDENT

DOES NOT SUFFICE
>>
>>66061439

Emily>Cosmia>Monkey and Bear>Only Skin>Sawdust & Diamonds

holy shit that was hard, kinda disagree with myself too because there's no way Only Skin is the second to last. They're all just so good.
>>
>>66063086
>SOOOOOMMMETIMES I CAN ALMOST FEEL THE POWER
>>
>>66061985
Kingfisher or Baby Birch
If you had asked me a month ago I would have said Have One On Me or Go Long
It's always changing
>>
>>66061985

Have One On Me, Easy or On a Good Day
>>
>>66061439
All tracks are 10/10
But Only Skin is the best
>>
>>66061769
This right now is probably my ranking, but it changes like every few weeks
I might have Sawdust ties with Emily though
>>
>>66062798
Have you even listened to HooM...
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.