[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate Who's Next? I can 100% understand the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 61Ab-td5fbL.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61Ab-td5fbL.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
Why does /mu/ hate Who's Next?

I can 100% understand the hate for Tommy (literally one good song), but Who's Next is patrician.
>>
too inconsistent to deserve the legendary status it has
>>
I listened to it the entire way through. It has three good songs (tracks 1, 2, and 9) and the rest is just filler.
>>
>>66044594

I love Tommy though :(
>>
>>66044623
>implying Behind Blue Eyes and Getting in Tune are anything less than god-tier

The rest are kind of shit, though, I agree.

>>66044653
Eh, like I said. Pinball Wizard is the only track that stands out. Well, that, and the ones where Tommy gets raped.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
"I originally liked Who's Next and graded it with an A. However, years later, in my 'Consumer Guide to Albums of the '70s', I downgraded it slightly. This was after I'd seen how their later career unfolded and it wasn't so apparent in 1971 that Who's Next was a preview of what was coming. By the 80s, I'd come to almost despise The Who especially after It's Hard emerged as one of the worst examples of English art rock excess. I recently relistened to the album for the first time in a decade and reaffirmed my opinion--all the synth noodling and long-winded song structures of It's Hard were starting to appear on Who's Next. I still maintain that The Who Sell Out was their only truly great album."
>>
>>66044754
So I take it that he and Scaruffi are /mu/ personified?
>>
Now I love Bargain. In fact it's the first Who song I ever heard when it was used on some 90s car commercial.
>>
>>66044799
Yes, they're just /mu/ shitposters with their own websites.
>>
>>66044840
Thank God proge doesn't have his own website.
>>
>>66044840
And old enough to have experienced dadrock firsthand.
>>
I hate it because Keith Moon isn't on it

:(
>>
>>66044754
If you're wondering, this is from an email exchange he had in the early 2000s with a magazine editor (?) where the guy asked him why dropped Who's Next from an A+ to an A-.
>>
>>66044873
Wtf, proge DIED, dude.

Show some respekt
>>
>>66044754
mmuh art rock
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.