[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people still pretend jazz is good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (447 KB, 2524x702) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447 KB, 2524x702
why do people still pretend jazz is good?
>>
I'm not a fan of jazz, but I like jazz instruments, like double-basses and trumpets.
>>
File: 1466008738064.jpg (46 KB, 568x479) Image search: [Google]
1466008738064.jpg
46 KB, 568x479
>listening to a thing Milo says
>>
>>66035477
Note that all of these criticisms amount to either empty political statements, shitty allegories, or insults. Note that both of these people are too downie to come up with anything else
>>
>>66035477
because some people actually understand how music works from a technical perspective, rather than being spoonfed by sensationalist "music" publications
>>
>>66035477
I bet this dude has nice balls. Great balls I bet.
>>
who tf is this milo guy
>>
File: milo.png (2 MB, 2000x1317) Image search: [Google]
milo.png
2 MB, 2000x1317
>>66035477

when did milo become white???
>>
>>66035477
Steve Albini clearly doesn't know shit about jazz. Fuck that sperg and his shitty music
>>
>>66035477
>220 points
>>
>>66035659
t. tumblr
>>
>>66037381
>not understanding reddit
Hello 4chan
>>
>thinking milo snuffleupagus's opinion is worth anything, let alone his opinion on music
the man dedicates his life to mariah carey, why do we consider him a reasonable person
>>
>>66035782
do you not know about his production work or something?
>>
>>66035477
>people like different styles of music

who gives a fuck?
>>
File: big babatunde.jpg (11 KB, 240x336) Image search: [Google]
big babatunde.jpg
11 KB, 240x336
>>66037419
>falling for the homo charm
I'm laughing at you
>>
>>66035477
Wasn't he the guy who thought it was a good idea to use a drum machine on an album about fucking?
>>
>>66035610
>jazz instruments

kop tek
>>
Taste is the enemy of art and open mindedness.
Don't listen to cunts like this, because they've only ever hated jazz. Anyone who actually does listen to jazz can appreciate the endless possibilities it offers.
>>
>>66037560
I'm going to shit down your trumpet you fucking gay nerd
>>
File: 1464438895259.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1464438895259.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
>It's musical feminism!
>>
>>66037130
Reading stuff like this actually upsets me, like I really enjoyed his album and looked up to him as a talented, skilled musician, then he's all like "you're the enemy, you cause everybody galactic anxiety, I'm better than you, we're better than you, white men are bad, I hate my fans, you're WHITE" it just legitimately fucking upsets me and lowers my self-worth. I fucking hate people
>>
>>66038201
I know nobody would ever take it seriously, but I totally get what you mean
>>
>getting mad someone likes something you don't
>>
>The idea of preference falsification was put forth by the social scientist Timur Kuran in his book Private Truth, Public Lies as part of his theory of how people's stated preferences are responsive to social influences

well, yeah. Everything is influenced by socializing. That said, Jazz is pretty fucking unpopular among normies. So I doubt that has anything to do with jazz fans.

Personally I just like the way it sounds. You're not a music fan till you get drunk and spazz out to free jazz.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.