[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AJJ/Andrew Jackson Jihad - New Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: the bible 2.jpg (335 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
the bible 2.jpg
335 KB, 1200x1200
Andrew Jackson Jihad just announced a new album, The Bible 2, along with a music video.

https://youtu.be/PDVCpm10SQI

It sounds like a continuation of Christmas Island which I'm actually excited about because I was a big fan of it. It also doesn't include that single they released a couple months ago which I thought was pretty poor, so that's a relief.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>66029244
This is Demarco level goofy goober
>>
Good stuff. I prefer their old sound but this is fine.

I saw them last year and had a good chat to Sean before the show, my friends and I were the only ones there to see them in particular. Also Ben stood awkwardly along the line to get in, because he was too shy to push through. I told him to go for it because he's in the band and it was nice :)

Funny vid too
>>
>>66029244
What the fuck happened to this band. Goodbye indeed.
>>
Great video. Good song. Like the album title and cover. Sounds like an improved Christmas Island.

Nothing magical but I like the look of the track list for sure.

Also I hope /mu/ still cares enough about this band to post a leak at somepoint. Even if they're not edgy enough for them.
>>
>>66029244
I don't get the hate for these guys. I'm still very fond of their antics
>>
>>66029244
>Andrew Jackson Jihad

They're called just AJJ now, you insensitive cunt.
>>
>>66029671
Hilarious Joke there. Did you borrow that one from Fantano.
>>
>>66029244
Not even an alt right autist but "AJJ" is a pathetic band that insincerely started pandering to millennial white female liberals starting in 2010.
>>
>>66029244
I stopped listening to them once they changed their name to AJJ
>>
The watery effect on the vocals the majority of the time sucks, but some of the lyrics are good. "If I stay in bed long enough, they'll go to church without me" is a highlight for me. Video's stupid but at least they didn't put the stupid thing in the song itself this time. Album title made me laugh as well, even though it was a cheap laugh
older stuff was still better, but there's nothing wrong with this. some of the track names like Junkie Church and American Garbage have me worried, like they aren't full of the piss and vinegar they used to be full of but they're pretending they still are? i don't know. i'll listen to it
>>
Really excited to see When I'm a Dead Boy on there. they played a demo of it at a show i went to and it was really fucking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSJ37QzFl0

hopefully it doesn't get ruined by the Christmas Island style production their sticking to
>>
>>66029671
>>66029776
>>66029818
Though I don't really give two shits over the band's political stance I am slightly disappointed cause Andrew Jackson Jihad was a kickass name and now nobody gets to use it.
>>
>>66029244
I actually really like this, kinda like a more melodic Christmas Island sound
>>
>>66030032
this exactly
>>
>>66030032
the name Andrew Jackson Jihad was what drew me to them originally, AJJ is just lame
>>
wtf is going on with the blonde dude's hair. weirdest fringe i've ever seen. like it swoops around from the crown of his head and in front of his ears. you get a good look at it when they walk around the ladder
>>
>>66030032
Totally, it's a shame they couldn't change their name to something equally as cool. But eh. Album name and song titles still seem sweet.
>>
LEAK WHEN?
>>
>>66030032
>now nobody gets to use it

nobody is going to arrest you for using their old name rofl
>>
Kinda ambivalent here. I like a lot of of their old stuff when they're not just being pointlessly edgy (which is often) and I don't mind the political stuff since I'm pretty left myself. I don't give a shit about the name, but Top of My Game sucked ass so I'm not sure if I'll listen to the new album or not.
>>
Sounds like shitty cuckold music
>>
>>66030032
This. They should have adopted a new name altogether. Calling themselves AJJ immediately evokes their old name - it's lame as fuck and it hardly resolves their name issue in the first place.
>>
File: ajj.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ajj.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
do any of you dare to disagree with this chart
>>
I don't like the production, something seems off.

>>66031610
Also this exactly. Viet Cong screwed up in a similar way, I can hardly remember their new name.
>>
Sounds like a poor OK Go cover
>>
>>66031696
i've only listned to the "patrician" column and they both sucked
>>
>>66031696
Christmas Island should be contrarian, and you should remove the candy cigarettes compilation and replace it with original candy cigarettes album, then place it in the plebeian column.
>>
>>66031456
Top of My Game won't be on the new album, thankfully. The new song seems more like what we can expect.
>>
File: ajj_nu.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ajj_nu.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>66031754
i can get down with that
>>
hmmmm well you see I find this new stuff
"""Problematic"""

They shouldn't throw around lyrics that could offend people like that
>>
>>66031728
i think that was the point? like they were doing a parody of ok go's music video style
>>
I liked their folk-punk stuff more

it's pretty good though
>>
just cucc my
>>
>>66031696
move can't mantain to peblian and sure
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.