[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: autechreelseq-5.24.2016.jpg (176 KB, 2362x2362) Image search: [Google]
autechreelseq-5.24.2016.jpg
176 KB, 2362x2362
lads
>>
>>66014721
5 is the only part that was great the whole way through.
>>
truth time: this and ae_live are their best releases since draft
>>
>>66014832
But Oversteps tho
>>
>>66014875
oh yeah, that's true. sometimes i forget how good that album is until i put it on again. my issue with oversteps is that by 3/4s of the way through it starts to get a little samey - it's almost too cohesive, even though every individual track is good.
>>
>>66015236
>almost too cohesive
jeez what a strange thing to be perturbed by
>>
>>66015277
yeah, that was a unfitting word choice on my part. i just meant that it all starts to blend together by the end.
>>
yeah these guys have fucking done it again
AOTY for me so far
Although desu I'm just a bit bothered by how increasingly predictable the evolution of their sound has gotten since the oversteps live material
not saying exai=AE_Live=elseq in terms of sound, but i'd be damned if they're not the three most resembling consecutive works ae have released since their first three albums
>>
File: 1409709462841.gif (2 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1409709462841.gif
2 MB, 260x195
>those claps on chimer 1-5-1
>when latentcall comes back in again
>>
>>66015430
Surprisingly accurate gif
>>
>>66015396
it's because they're all made from the same patch, iirc, it's just been built off of and has evolved over the years. that run of albums you mentioned is probably one of my favorites of theirs but i do hope they do something wildly different next.
>>
Honestly is this worth it? I just can't imagine 4 hours of this type of stuff.
>>
>>66017746
It's all good mate

Brace yourself for elyc6 0nset though. It's good but a bit overwhelming at first. You can save Elseq 2 for last if you want
>>
>>66017746
Yeah, imo they're on top form for the majority of it. Though if you aren't an Autechre fan then I doubt that it will do very little to change your mind.
>>
This, Venetian Snares, new Aphex Twin plus that 愛 trilogy, this year is shaping up for electronic.
>>
>>66019379
venetian snares is naff
aphex will be mediocre

its been a great year regardless
>>
>>66019379
>愛 trilogy

lay the details on me, my man?
>>
>>66020742
+005 might be one of my favorite albums of all time at this point
>>
>>66020742
vaporwave shit
>>
>>66021076
+005 is not vaporwave.
The others are.
>>
>liking autechre

>gay for eachother probably
>literally just noise/fart sounds
>they like young thug
>>
>>66021387
>they like young thug
The interviewer brought him up and I don't see why they wouldn't run with it or talk shit about the guy
>>
>>66021387
this

on the other hand, twenty one pilots:
>intriguing, introspective lyrics
>genuine emotion
>confuses plebs like fantano
>multiple genres, incredible skill with merging them
>real instruments
>hit singles
>>
I have a thing for vocals in Autechre tracks, among other things.

>Second Scepe
>Ccec
>Goz Quarter
>Inhake 2
>The Plc
>Lentic Catachresis

these are some of my all time favourites , please tell me your favourite Autechre tracks
>>
reminder that fuckin zz top sampled the lads to create this masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7L5VgvQEXI
>>
>>66023319
Under BOAC
>>
>>66023319
Deco Loc
Cap IV

essential Autechre vox
>>
>>66023540
lost, dael, draun quarter, io (mons), pro radii, milk Dx, and zeiss contarex too

losts of good tacks with vocal samples
>>
File: 1333917377209.jpg (189 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1333917377209.jpg
189 KB, 600x800
>>66021387
>you will never know lad love as pure as that of Rob and Sean's
>>
>>66020980
https://plus100.bandcamp.com/album/--5
This one?
>>
aestetically, autechre have wrought themselves unto a hole in which they can't/wont escape with thier new 5 ep release, and idm "enthusiasts" will lap at the feet of these two grown men making random patches in Max MSP, some of the fans being grown men themselves. The fact that Autechre can still sell tickets to shows baffles me. I have seen them 4 times through the course of 15 years, and each time has been a dreadful experience that I deeply regret. It's amusing asking Autechre fans about what they like about them, because most simply cannot answer you. Fuck warp and fuck Autechre, and fuck you for paying 50$ for some compressed wav files of theis pretentious rubbish you drones call IDM. Real IDM is the new Squarepusher, what a beautiful record that is, oh my it was a good record. Squarepusher can actually play instruments two instead of standing at a laptop clicking the random button on Max
>>
>>66024167
Nice pasta.
>>
File: 1454403884057.png (150 KB, 200x296) Image search: [Google]
1454403884057.png
150 KB, 200x296
>pendulu hv moda @7:08
>>
>>66024192
Typicall IDM fan response, please tell me what time signature Foil is in will you? HA you can't because you are a stupid 20-something nu male who has shit taste in IDM and is an idiot when it comes to music theory/knowledge. Squarepusher is a genius when it comes to theory and knowledge of the musical world, and he never gets discussed on this vile web page. Squarepusher vs Autechre Two tables 50 minutes Squarepusher would toast autechre out of the bulding with his amazing bass playinga dn perfect acoustic knowledge. Meanwhile autechre sitting there becuase their laptop died lol
>>
>>66024248
It's 4/4 now go to bed Tom
>>
>>66024167
>>66024248
>IDM
ayyy
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.