[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that this is the greatest achievement of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg (194 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
194 KB, 700x700
When did you realize that this is the greatest achievement of emo in the 21st century so far?
>>
always thought their first album was better T b h

that one's still good though
>>
>>66002637
really don't understand the hype. it's technically interesting but the songwriting is balls and the vocals are incredibly grating. and not even in the charmingly naive way of midwest emo.
>>
>>66002707
>songwriting is balls
how could someone think this.
>>
Around my 3rd listen.
>>66002707
if unusual vocals put you off music you shouldnt be listening to emo.
>>
Bruh, masked dancers is better.
>>
>>66003062
thats no excuse for the vocals being terrible lol
>>
>>66002965
seriously.
>You're not listening, I said "stop," because it's come to be too much. I can't just pile aesthetic-perceptive dilemma, over-analytic demeanors, feelings of loneliness, worthlessness and unproductivity atop the other, allowing each to bleed through their fabricated boundaries and become one more thing to notice me before it's too late and too far away from when I dreamt of explaining to you that you are an everywhere that caused these words I'd somehow type, my fingers, feet and diaphragm all screaming. And as things grew more complicated, conscious expansion cultivated, the books' ideas, songs' polyphony, texture, content danced around me. Unlike all the events staged (the puppeteer'd façade I'd made) this was naturally extraordinary and grabbed me from the ordinary, now perceived reduction theory of where we are.
>>
>>66003208
thats lyrics, only a very small part of songwriting and likely not what original anon meant lol
>>
Shit's incredible. Got into it heavy last winter. Started listening to Masked Dancers the fall following, and it's what I tend to listen to more when I want some Abacus. I dunno if it's better or I'm just burnt out on Discomfort, but they're both stellar albums.
>>
>>66003208
>lyrics
>mattering
lmao
>>
File: Folder.jpg (103 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
103 KB, 700x700
but that's not even their best album

pic related however is the greatest prog-emo (or emo-prog) album ever recorded, for what that's worth

>>66003124
they're not, though. their frailty and even their timbre fits perfect with the style, on top of that he's a fantastic performer, in terms of theatrics i mean (but imo better on pic related tho)
>>
>>66003124
But they fit perfectly.
>>66003540
You also shouldn't be listening to emo
>>
>>66003719
so youre admitting everything else about the album is also terrible ;)
>>
File: sartre.jpg (238 KB, 655x500) Image search: [Google]
sartre.jpg
238 KB, 655x500
I think the vocals really make it stand out.

It's kind of like the black dyed hair and hot topic tier t-shirts that make a shitty poet more convincing.

It's not so bad that it's good kind of sense, it's that it gives the music feel authentic
>>
File: beaned.jpg (12 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
beaned.jpg
12 KB, 187x269
>>66003920
o shit i just got beaned
>>
>>66004051
:)
>>
>>66003976
i agree with ESL-kun
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.