[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Continuation of previous struggles thread. i didnt get to reply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1466969683343.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1466969683343.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
Continuation of previous struggles thread.

i didnt get to reply to the people asking me questions in the last one, so heres my post again if you wanted to talk about it before:
"all i wanna do is make incredibly emotional/honest music on the neutral milk hotel/the music tapes side of the e6 sound but everyone is too afraid of what people will think of their output so they all just make safe boring garbage"

anyways tell us about your music struggles /mu/
>>
>emotional
>honest
>>
>get me the fuck out of PA so i can go to local shows that arent shitty pop punk start ups
>>
Every musician that I know that's even remotely cool plays guitar and nothing else. A 6 man guitar band probably isnt gunna fly
>>
>>65999888
that means u can relate to their shitty lyrics about wanting to leave their town my dude ur livin it
>>
I try to write songs that are genuinely interesting and that differ from the norm but every other musician I know is just interested in the same old shit that they think is "different" and don't give a fuck about my music
>>
>>66000301
Yeah most people just wanna succeed they dont give a fuck about actually trying to make good shit
>>
>>66000350
in my town everyone's stuck playing crescendocore post-rock and listening to Swans like they've reached the pinnacle of human evolution
>>
>>66000698
>>66000007
>>65999888
You should just do it guys. So what if your local scene doesn't support your art, be the pioneer of that style and make your town famous.

>>65999788
I've been getting positive feedback on my first album but no venue has responded back to any requests of performing (which is understandable, I don't have a stable fanbase or anything)
To remedy this, I'm just going to play open mic nights and house shows all summer whenever possible to get my music out there. Might as well try and get it out there.
>>
>>65999888
tfw live in philly and all i want to do is play braindead caveman grindcore/powerviolence but everyone here just wants to play posicore pop punk

and everyone in the suburbs plays deathcore
>>
>>66000778
I'm doing it actually
but so far no one has listened or talked about my stuff apart from my close friends.
Working on a full album currently
>>
>>66000899
hey man when it's done email it to me [email protected] thanks
>>
>>66000899
Good to hear, I imagine that if you do something long enough, they'll pay attention eventually. Its even more likely to happen when the content you're producing is of good quality.
>>
>>66000947
yeah that's a good point
>>66000942
hum okay I guess
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.