[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and why did you give up on being a musician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: FVgYyRU.jpg (40 KB, 530x409) Image search: [Google]
FVgYyRU.jpg
40 KB, 530x409
When and why did you give up on being a musician?
>>
>>65910623
This morning when I realized this scene is dominated by 28 year olds who haven't progressed very far in the past four years.
>>
>>65910623
I didn't, I actually just started practicing guitar today
>>
>>65910739
What genre?
>>
i didn't. i did, for like 4 years, and then i started again because there isn't anything else i want to do.
>>
when I was 12 and realized how much practice I would need to actually make sounds I want to hear
>>
A long time ago when I realized I have no discernible talent in any musical area.
>>
>>65910623
When I realised I like to listen to different kinds of music, not practicing for hours everyday.
>>
>>65910623
I didn't give up on music itself, just the idea of being able to make a living off of the sounds I want to make
>>
>>65911029
You could just play favorite songs or covers with friends .
>>
>>65910623
I didn't. I did give up on ever being taken seriously as a musical talent or ever making any money from doing it, but I still play with friends once or twice a week. Yeah, we suck, but they're the high points of every week and I don't know that I would ever be able to feel good about my life if I were to stop.

Also, fuck everyone who's ever said or thought that a group of middle-aged guys hanging out in a garage somewhere playing covers and drinking beer is sad. That's going to be me one day and I'm going to love every second of it.
>>
>>65910995
No one can agree as to the defining genre out here. But everyone here is lumped under "indie." Though all the people I'm talking about fall into country, alternative, pop, hard rock, punk, folk, hip-hop and funk.
>>
>>65910623
when i understood that outside classical music and some jazz/rockprog album everything is utter shit. I'm not young/good enough to play in an orchestra so i'll just mess around with my bass.
>>
>>65911221
that sounds comfy desu
>>
>>65910623
I didn't, I got better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.