[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People STILL can't get over the fact that Rock is about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 350x350
>People STILL can't get over the fact that Rock is about to die (or is dead already)

It's fine, we let Jazz die in the 60s when rock came around.
>>
art in general dead, there there have been no innovations in the last 20 years
>>
>>65905943
What about computer games.
>>
>>65906021
lol. Computer games aren't art, they're just interactive hollywood films.
Besides my gamer friends are always complaining about how games are becoming easier and easier. So they're not even stimulating your brain as much.
>>
>>65905943
as far as music goes, it seems that development has become more subtle, maybe because of ease of access, both in terms of consumtion and means of production.

but also, paradigms and retrospectively become more distinct, and developments become innovations, as the middle stages are omitted, as opposed to being viewed in real-time.

as for rock, it lives on in noise in a sense, but noise stopped being avant-garde 40 years ago, it's a lifeless ritual of self-negation just like rock.

what is avant-garde now? even if you look at what the mainstream accepts as contemporary expression, hip-hop is 40 years old too.
>>
>>65906021
Video games died when they started broadcasting on national television teams of neckbeards chasing each other around on a shooting game.
>>
>>65905911
>le rock is dead meme
fuck off bleepfag
>>
>>65906334
>Computer games aren't art
Lol stay ignorant idiot
>>
>>65906405
The ones that are art are the ones that gamer faggots hate. Mime is art, Tetris is not.
>>
Rock music is the greatest music tradition of post WWII era in western civilization besides pop music (which frequently intertwined with rock), of course people don't want to see it die.
>>
>>65906454
Jazz > funk > electronica > hip hop >>> rock
>>
>>65906602
How can you stil have such terrible taste after 8 years
>>
>>65906334
Your friend is playing the wrong games then. AAA productions are becoming easier and easier because video games are mainstream now. However challenging games still very much exist.

What your friend said is the equivalent of someone saying there's no good music in this generation. le wrong generation, etcetc
>>
>>65906678
Besides the fact I wasn't serious, thought electronica would give that away, rock still sucks and I still have the best taste on the board.
>>
>>65906021
>'computer games'
>writing a question as a statement
really anon?
>>
>>65906715
lol
>>
>>65905911
Just stopping by to say this is a very fun album. One of my favorite Mingus LPs.
>>
>>65906710
He would still be right, because you're "challenging" games, just as the avant-garde music of the 60s, was much better than the indie games and avant-meme music that exists today.
>>
Record labels quit investing in guitar music this decade. Why that is is a matter of debate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.