[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>U2 actually has a good album Well what do you know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Achtung_Baby.png (114 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Achtung_Baby.png
114 KB, 220x220
>U2 actually has a good album
Well what do you know?
>>
File: ZOOTV.jpg (301 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ZOOTV.jpg
301 KB, 1280x720
>>65876279
Joshua Tree was a solid album as well. AB was a total reinvent of the bands sound and the ZOOTV tour that supported it was beyond belief as well. Did you just now listen to it for the first time OP or are you just giving it it well deserved praise.
>>
>>65876342
I've obviously heard Mysterious Ways and One before but I just finished the whole album a little around a half hour ago and I can honestly say that I loved it, I wasn't expecting such a dark and cynical album tuned into the sounds of that time, it's overall a very consistent and surprising experience.
>>
File: collage (3).jpg (321 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
collage (3).jpg
321 KB, 1000x1000
>>65876279
don't recognize any of these desu
>>
>>65876404
>Doggystyle
Noice.
>>
File: passengers_large.jpg (216 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
passengers_large.jpg
216 KB, 600x594
>>65876371
Have you listened to this one as well OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaGR8ZX9Zo
>>
>>65876493
Thank you.
>>
>>65876547
My pleasure.
>>
>>65876493
Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Passengers is pretty much U2 at their absolute best. Passengers doesn't get enough love.
>>
>>65876279
You really should listen to Zooropa, they wrote it as a sister album for Achtung Baby. It's a little different in that instead of a lot of krautrock it incorporates a lot of eurodance elements, focuses a lot on atmosphere, and it's a concept album about a cyberpunk European dystopian city, rampant consumer culture, the media cycle, and two drug addicts living in all of it.

Passengers is also great, it's a further continuation from that style into more ambient, electronic, and experimental directions. At the time they even contributed to the OST for the original Ghost in the Shell movie and a lot of the album has a similar vibe to it. To me those three really encapsulate U2 at their most creative and unique. Passengers also had a whole lot of sounds and elements that Radiohead became famous for, 4 years before Kid A was released. I know it's endlessly entertaining to shit on U2 now but they really do have a bunch of great albums.
>>
>>65876870
AB was released 2 years before Radiohead released Pablo Honey. Listening to the album from this perspective reveals just how unique the sound was in 1991.
>>
>>65876342
>tfw no ZOO TV anniversary tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bke27CYB8NE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xpWBasyoMs
>>
>>65876971
A lot of people here will deny it but U2 was genuinely a massive influence on Radiohead, especially getting into OK Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac.

It's a shame they couldn't finish Pop, I think it had a lot of stuff that could have been great if it were given more time. It's also a shame no one ever quite got what they were trying to do with it. I think the reaction to that album is what caused them to retreat into really safe pop throughout the 00s.
>>
File: zootv2.jpg (470 KB, 1380x942) Image search: [Google]
zootv2.jpg
470 KB, 1380x942
>>65876982
Actually I think i would be disappointed if I went to a ZOOTV Anniversary Tour. I saw ZOOTV in Las Vegas and Besides seeing U2 at their absolute pinnacle I also saw the opening acts who happened to be Public Enemy and the Sugar Cubes. yes Bjork.
>>
>>65876982
It's pretty incredible they went from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2BqLlVHlWA

to ZooTV in just a couple years.
>>
>>65876870
Yes totally. They haven't done anything really good after that, apart from some singles.
>>
>>65877156
NLotH was intended to be a much darker, experimental album that what they released but if you remove the middle three single-oriented tracks, it's improved dramatically. I really love the Moroccan vibe a lot of it has. It's definitely not their best but it's a really solid album without those three songs to drag it down.

Pop was a tragedy, the label demanded they release it months before it was ready to coincide with the tour. If it were given more time it could have finished out that decade spectacularly for them, I think.
>>
Hey wait a minute
Are you talking U2 to me?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.