[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here it is, the definitive /mu/core chart. Over the past 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: truemu.jpg (1 MB, 1720x1620) Image search: [Google]
truemu.jpg
1 MB, 1720x1620
Here it is, the definitive /mu/core chart.

Over the past 8 months I have been keeping track of the amount certain albums are posted on here each day. Every time I see a certain album more than once I start to keep tally of it in a doc folder in order to determine the true /mu/core. These are what I have found to be the most reposted records. This is based on mentions of the album, reposts of the cover, and positive/negative reception towards it. Like it or not, this is our board. Some shit in there, sure, but this purely based off of post amount.
>>
Add it to the wiki if you haven't already
>>
Get a life fag
>>
>>65866649
No u
You're on here rn bitchboi
>>
>>65866611
I haven't seen NLDW posted in a long time.
>>
>>65866611
Dude make one with album titles so plebs can be introduced to it
>>
Does that Dismemberment Plan really get posted all that much?
>>
Swap out Pink Guy with Close to the Edge and move up VU&N and you'te good
>>
>>65866683
It gets mentioned in every indie rock thread.
>>
>>65866695
this. either close to the edge or pink moon would be more accurate
>>
Pink Guy is just a shit comedy album. Filthy Frank gets mentioned a lot but it usually doesn't have to do with his music.
>>
>>65866708
Maybe swap out benis album with one and PG with the other
>>
>>65866611
Kek I see Animals mentioned more than Tago Mago 2bh
>>
File: topsters2 (2).jpg (553 KB, 1720x1620) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).jpg
553 KB, 1720x1620
>>65866611
>Art Angels
>all that vapormeme
fuck off, here's the updated chart as of a couple seconds ago
>>65866678
If you don't know the names of 99% of these you shouldn't be posting here
>>
I haven't seen Pink Guy or Far Side Digital posted about here in over a year.
>>
>>65866757
>removes art angels and vaporwave
>keeps fucking pink guy
>adds crystal castles
somehow you managed to make it worse.
>>
>>65866757
The mu chart is made for having people discover and be introduced to albums, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>65866784
This is an objective count of the votes skipping over reposts and literal "NIGGERTBH"s, not your "well this should be here instead" bullshit
>>
>Old Boots, New Dirt
>No Blurryface
For shame.
>>
>>65866757
>keeps meme albums
>moves animals back
WEW LAD
>>
File: truemu.jpg (1 MB, 1720x1620) Image search: [Google]
truemu.jpg
1 MB, 1720x1620
>>65866728
>>65866708
Should King Crimson go on here?
They're a traditional /mu/core band but they don't get mentioned that often anymore.
Joy Division was an important one I missed.

>>65866683
I was surprised too, but yes.
>>
>>65866611
to be honest this isn't even bad

i haven't listened to a handful but the first four rows are all pretty great imo
>>
>>65866842
Kek no it isn't pham, that chart was edited
>>
>>65866842
No one here listens to Crystal Castles or Pink Guy you tard. Pink Guy is only there because Filthy Frank gets mentioned often.
>>
>>65866851
i didnt even notice kc wasnt on it. maybe swap out far side digital for it
>>
>>65866872
http://www.rkursem.com/poll/view.php?cmd=answer&id=4eb6f190c004f6eee
See for yourself, friend :^)

>>65866885
>because Filthy Frank gets mentioned often
what do you think a /mu/core chart is supposed to be consisted of
>>
>>65866949
Filthy Frank is mentioned for his meme videos and being a source of cancerous underage fags coming to this website, not for his music.
>>
>>65866949
Frank gets mentioned a lot but the Pink Guy album isn't. By that logic, The New Calassic should be /mu/core as well.
>>
>>65866982
a good majority of grimesposting isn't about her music either, friend :^)
also
>being a source of cancerous underage fags coming to this website
see: /mu/core
>>
>>65866851
ITCOTCK should swap Unknown Pleasures

Pink Moon should swap Far Side Virtual
>>
>>65866757
Descendents, Crystal Castles, and the red demon guy album I've never seen before never get posted here ever. Terrible chart.
>>
>>65867113
It's an objective count, friend :^)
This isn't my opinion, I can't do anything about it
>>
>>65867260
I hope you realise people weren't voting so it's accurate, but rather so their favorite album is /mu/core.
>>
>>65866757
I really love Congratulations, but it hardly ever gets posted here. Not /mu/core at all.
>>
>>65867370
I'll change it when the voters do
>>
>>65866757
Jesus Christ just abandon this chart. This is a disaster. OP's is way better.
>>
File: topsters2 (2).jpg (570 KB, 4435x756) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (2).jpg
570 KB, 4435x756
Here's the top 20 from that poll with album names included for people who really don't recognize some of these
Nothing here looks too out of place aside from the Sweet Trip album but I'm assuming that's /shugazi/'s collective vote since Loveless was guaranteed anyways
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.