[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you enjoy harsh noise and noise music? A friend of mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: static.jpg (389 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
static.jpg
389 KB, 800x600
How do you enjoy harsh noise and noise music? A friend of mine just let me borrow a bunch of harsh noise records and cassettes. Is this more of a medium to experience lives? Are most of the performers just fucking around?
>>
>How do you enjoy harsh noise and noise music?
Listen to it like everything else
>Is this more of a medium to experience lives?
I've gotten by with home listening though I understand there are small, dedicated communities trading tapes worldwide
>Are most of the performers just fucking around?
Probably
>>
its less "active" listening i guess in that you shouldnt be expecting or waiting for certain moments, you just sort of let it be present aurally
saying that though a lot of harsh noise tracks can have recognisable structure and standout moments
>>
>>65848069
It's a little different from listening to most music. >>65848274 put it well.

also, a lot of the appeal of noise is mainly in its philosophical and cultural roots as more of an art movement than anything else. look up Luigi Russolo and everything surrounding Throbbing Gristle if you want to learn more about that sort of thing.
>>
>>65848377
awesome. I'm not going to knock this genre until I understand it. The art and physical tapes look really cool and are all hand made, so theres that
>>
>>65848742
if I could throw in my two cents, sometimes I like to listen to for this punishing and brutal quality I get from harsh noise. If it's intense and wild enough in composition I get a primal feeling from it; think of expressionism in other art forms.
>>
>>65848069
I think Gensho is actually a really good place to start.
>>
Could you list them (or post a pic)
>>
>>65848971
except sometimes it's not the artist expressing an emotion, but the noise itself being let loose to be mercilessly erratic and untamed
>>
>>65849102
Most of these tapes I got were independent releases. A few are not labelled, so i'll never know who made it.
Here are a few artists.
Soft Exit, Raven (from Serbia), a few artists from Prime Ruin, and some nostilevo releases.
>>
>>65849970
>So ill never know who made it
That's some crazy shit, did your friend elaborate on the unlabeled tapes
>>
>>65850155
nope. I'll probably ask him in the near future. They are all clearly recycled tapes that were painted over, sometimes the original recording finds it way through the noise. They have paper covers and might have lost their original cases
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.