[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else thinks this is GY!BE's best album? It has a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: folder.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
Who else thinks this is GY!BE's best album?

It has a lot of these sounds that remind me of psychedelic rock and I think that's hella cool.

I also think it might have some of the better drums out of their discography, not that their drumming is really all that impressive anyway, but I thought the ones on LYSF are kinda corny and on F#A# I just found it unmemorable.

What do you guys think about it?
>>
>hella
>>
>>65842999
Never understood the hate for this album. It's definitely the GYBE I listen to the most.
>>
>>65842999
Nah, I prefer F#A#
>>
>>65843719
this
>>
>>65842999
This is the only GY!BE album I haven't listened to the whole way through. It's not bad or anything, but it just doesn't wow me like their other stuff does. It might be your favorite, but I definitely wouldn't call it the best; the scope of F#A# and Lift Your Skinny Fists was so much larger and they actually delivered on it.

That said, this is my favorite album of theirs.
>>
>F#A#
>unmemorable
>not having The Dead Flag Blues burned into your mind

Shit's fucking haunting.
>>
>>65842999
I agree. A lot of people didn't like it because of all the misinformation they printed inside the physical record but I think the music itself is pretty good.
>>
Godspeed is my favorite band but this is the only one of theirs I can't get into. I've listened to it dozens of times but there just doesn't seem to be much there. There are a few good moments in Motherfucker=Redeemer but they pale compared to the highs on F#A#/LYSF and even their new stuff. I feel like they went a little too close to "normal" post-rock instead of more smoothly transitioning away from their vignette style (not that this is a bad thing, their new albums pull this off very well). I think they just tried hard to do something different without knowing exactly what they were going for. The album feels unsatisfying, vague. The clean production also put a damper on things.
>>
File: asunder.jpg (756 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
asunder.jpg
756 KB, 1400x1400
Asunder is their most underrated imo
>>
gonna be honest and say i've never been a big fan of their music (i tried, i really did. it's just a bit too slow for me) but they have some of the coolest album covers imo
>>
>>65844576
Seeing it live made me appreciate Peasantry, the sound is just massive. The drones are much better than on Allalujah too.
>>
>>65843085
>fucking
>>
>>65844576
I really liked where the album was going, but I was disappointed that they didn't take it further. It sounds amazing, but it's like 20 minutes of content.

I'm not saying that they should have made each track longer; I like the break from their normal style of 20+ minute songs, but I just wish it had more. On Peasantry, I can really dig the gritty sound they go into after breaking from the initial drone. That low toned guitar that comes in around 3:15 is just fantastic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.