[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Arctic Monkeys? Is it /mu/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1422224758993.jpg (90 KB, 496x514) Image search: [Google]
1422224758993.jpg
90 KB, 496x514
What do you think about Arctic Monkeys?

Is it /mu/ approved?
Should I waste time to listen to them?
>>
File: Arcticmonkeys-humbug.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Arcticmonkeys-humbug.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
this is their best album, totally recommend it to you
>>
>>65830388
I really like them, but I can imagine /mu/ generally hates them.
>>
>>65830388
They're a decent band, and their first two are really good. They get a lot of flack here (and in a lot of other places as well) because their fanbase is mostly teenage girls.
>>
Music for normies who are desperately trying to break into hipster culture.
>>
>>65830419
>fanbase is mostly teenage girls
Well what does that tells you?
>>
The Arctic Monkeys set the British record for fastest-selling debut album of all times (yawn). This new improved version of Oasis and the Smiths debuted with Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Domino, 2006), an album that was impressive for what it did "not" deliver as opposed to what it delivered: it did not deliver a single second of music that people had not heard before.
>>
good if youre 16 year old and want to feel cool, otherwise mediocre as fuck
>>
>>65830456
So basically they just copied old bands and serve it to young fanbase that would otherwise never listen to those old band's music, which in the end are all generally shit bands?
>>
>>65830494
No, they didn't, it's just that people feel the need to say "well they just sound like so and so". Arctic Monkeys don't actually sound like The Smiths/Oasis etc., it's just that people need to sneer and say "it's all so derivative man", as if there are any bands that are devoid of influences.
>>
>>65830494
>which in the end are all generally shit bands?
The rest of your post is correct but the bands they copy aren't shit.
>>
>>65830494
Who did they copy? Generally interested.
>>
>>65830602
I don't know, I never listened to them. I was asking that anon.
>>
>>65830645
Just listen to them, you'll know pretty quickly whether you like them or not.
>>
>>65830388
this comment will always destroy me
>>
Listen to their first two albums, WPSIATWIN and FWN, it's good, /mu/ is only mad because of AM
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.