[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone like Oingo Boingo? I've been getting into them pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: oingo boingo.jpg (187 KB, 987x1000) Image search: [Google]
oingo boingo.jpg
187 KB, 987x1000
anyone like Oingo Boingo? I've been getting into them pretty heavily lately and it's kind of surprising how much great material they have.

Also Danny Elfman is a 10/10 vocalist
>>
>>65826172
01110011 01110000 01101111 01110010 01101011
>>
cardiacs
>>
>>65826172
almost as bad as Cardiacs

LE WACKY VOCALIST AND SKA INSTRUMENTS SO QUIRKY
>>
>>65826215
the majority of Oingo Boingo stuff is synthpop with horns. It sounds more like Devo than Cardiacs.

Not that there's anything wrong with Cardiacs. You guys need to take a step back from all the memes and actually listen to the music.
>>
>>65826258
>the majority of Oingo Boingo stuff is synthpop with horns
wrong before they sounded like thomas dolby they were pretty much cardiacs and mr bungle from the early 70s
>>
Only a Lad is GOAT.
>>
>>65826436
have you ever listened to Shout or Total Devo?

>>65826454
Can't argue this. Not a weak track on that album. Normally I'm against covers but their take on You Really Got Me is so good I can't hold anything against it.
>>
>>65826574
No. Should I?
>>
>>65826172
Meme band name and meme music, so it's dogshit
>>
>>65826587
They're great albums if you forget everything Devo was about in the mid 70s and don't hold them to that standard
>>
>>65826609
here's your (you)
>>
>>65826215
You can not deny his vocal and lyrical prowess, regardless of whether or not the music is to your taste.

>>65826609
It's called Art Rock, ya goof. The 80's were a pretty wild time.

Personally I'm not into all their stuff, but I really love some of it. The vocals and Elfman's unnerving character are pretty great.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.