[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer Solstice Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 168S.jpg (21 KB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
168S.jpg
21 KB, 300x160
Some friends are having a summer solstice bon fire by the river tonight and I've been asked to bring music.

Looking for solstice / astrological themed music to play, give me some suggestions.

Bonus if it's kinda folkie shit, the chicks there play folk music and are into stuff like John Prine, Bruce Springsteen and Townes Van Zandt
>>
Try this
>>
>>65816363
What songs would you suggest?

I'm looking for a mix of songs to play as more or less background music while drinking around a fire, not albums to actively and attentively listen and focus on.

It'll probably only be an hour or two before the guitar and possibly banjo comes out and were all drunkenly butchering Atlantic City, Waiting Around To Die, Zombie, Hello, Blister On The Sun and Folsom Prison anyhow
>>
>>65816300
listen to Spirits theyve gone spirits theyve vanished by anco
>>
>>65816300
>having friends
haha cool
>>
The song Summer's Cauldron by XTC is perfect
>>
>>65816913
Thanks, I'll check it out. Not an AnCo fan personally but I'll bet the others are

>>65816964
Nice, I do dig HTC

>>65816936
Haha, seriously? That's sad, you should get out anon

>>65816995
I fucking hate Jethero Tull. Maybe if you'd posted a song I'd listen to it and consider it but no way am I listening to an entire more than likely shitty album just to see (even if I had time... Sundown is only in a few hours)
>>
File: 1442937059892.png (110 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1442937059892.png
110 KB, 403x403
>>65816936
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
https://youtu.be/W1NopHszAck
and
https://youtu.be/SKUfuS24O-I
and why not
https://youtu.be/C2DttrVq2uc
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JWAIEqGYZvI

I personally love this during full moons or twilight but it's not really party music
>>
I've been listening to a lot of Beat Happening lately. Maybe go with their debut? It sounds like a group of friends gathered around the campfire and just making music without caring about how good it is.
>>
>>65817522
Thanks, but a little too dad rock, I'll add it to my playlist at the end, if the music stays on that long maybe someone likes it

>>65817531
Liking this, got to mix it in between more upbeat songs but nice. Thanks

>>65817584
Don't care for BH myself, but it's exactly the type of stuff others will. Again, what song specifically do you suggest?

I'm also putting some Exuma and Comus on the playlist
>>
>>65816936
having friends is easy

you just have to fake it until you make it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.