[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw when Brian Wilson is performing full Pet Sounds live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: la-et-ms-brian-wilson-20150404.jpg (562 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
la-et-ms-brian-wilson-20150404.jpg
562 KB, 2048x1365
>mfw when Brian Wilson is performing full Pet Sounds live for the last time ever and the gig closest to you is on freaking Iceland

To quote him: I wanna cryyyYyyyyyYyyyyYyy

Currently watching the version from 2002: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cuI5NTKVk
listen to this brilliance, they almost recreated it perfectly to sound like the studio version

ehhh
>>
>>65802963
He's not good, this isn't a good album. He's not a good person, and this is a shitty performance. You'll be fine if you miss it anon.
>>
>>65802963
He's good, this is a good album. He's a good person, and this is a good performance. You'll be regretting it if you miss it anon.
>>
Iceland is a really nice trip if you can make it. Great place.
>>
>>65802963
He's ok, this is an ok album. He's an ok person, and this is an ok performance. You'll be ok if you miss it anon.
>>
>>65802963
hm. his nearest concert to me is 2 hours away. i am poor scum with no car, and asking acquaintances and friends alike to drive me (im willing to buy their tickets) have led to nothing. i feel your pain anon
>>
>>65802963
saw him yesterday. he can't hit the notes nearly as well now as he was able to 14 years ago. was great to see him though.
>>
>>65803860
Saw him on Friday

Sometimes it seems like he struggles to get the whole line out

Al Jardine's son really surprised me though
>>
I live in iceland and no way im going, fucker cant hit a note to save his life anymore.
>>
>>65803003
>>65803032
>>65803046

You're never sure what the truth is with /mu/...
>>
>>65802963
overrated cunt
>>
>>65803860
Really? I thought you sing basically the same at 60 and 74
>>
>>65805772
The voice really seems to age a lot from about 68 to 72 for a lot of these guys
>>
File: front.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
>>65805830
reminder bob dylan's voice improved alot on his most recent album
>>
>>65803039
Go to bed Bjork
>>
>>65805830
Yeah, I also noticed this, wonder why exactly at that point.
>>
>>65805993
pot kek
>>
>>65806041
His voice always improves when he tries to sing for reals. Look at his "country" albums.

Dylan's voice went to shit in his 30s or 40s though. Between Desire and Street Legal in particular.
>>
saw him in boston last friday. really good show, only downsides were that the vocals were sometimes mixed a little low and i was sat behind this moron who wouldn't stop air drumming and making kissy faces at his girlfriend

yeah.

happy birthday brian
>>
>>65805993
kek
>>
>>65808370
>was sat behind this moron who wouldn't stop air drumming and making kissy faces at his girlfriend
So, he wasn't even making any noise and you were so triggered by a guy with a girlfriend it ruined the show? lmao. Just stop looking at him and watch the concert retard.
>>
>>65808430
he was distracting is all, and i wasn't "triggered," you moron. if there was a standing section at this show, i'd expect that kind of behavior there, but not at tables.
>>
>>65805830
A famous study of COLDS president George Hinckley's speeches from 1959 until his death in 2008 found that his voice remained consistent and nearly unchanged in his 40s-early 60s, then gradually got deeper until he turned 70 and afterwards developed into a crackly old guy voice.
>>
Why would you want to watch an old man who can't even sing anymore play 60's pop songs?
>>
>>65809270
Keeping in mind that he wasn't a singer or doing anything stressful on his voice, so this was more-or-less normal aging. Most singers put higher than normal wear on their vocal cords.
>>
>>65805772
That's almost a 15 year difference. 15 years is a long time.
>>
>>65809181
Sorry your a kissless virgin. Maybe someday a girl will show an interest in you too.
>>
I can't think of many dadrockers who've deteriorated more vocally than BW. He's just...really, really freaking bad.
>>
>>65803897
one of the most handsome men I've seen in my life
>>
"When asked what singers of today he liked and didn't like, Wilson replied 'Oh, there's definitely some people out today I don't like alright, but I won't say who they are because I don't want to hurt their feelings.'"
>>
>>65805976
Also Ozzy has gotten better on the BS final tour.
>>
>>65809371
>implying i care about relationships when music exists
>>
>>65805976
Except Dylan actually acts his age; he's not singing teenybopper songs for little girls from the 1960s when he's 70+.
>>
>>65809356
It certainly is, but it seems like a huge difference between 20 and 35 years old and not that much between 60 and 75. I thought that what Brian sounded in 2003 would be what he would sound like till the end of his career, but it didn't end up that way.
>>
>>65809415
what a great guy
>>
Saw him in Manchester last month. It was pretty awesome, came away loving Pet Sounds even more. He's so fucking old though.
>>
>>65802963
Is BW still a mentally unstable person?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.