[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to learn guitar >eleven months of practicing every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 357x313
>try to learn guitar
>eleven months of practicing every day for one - three hours
>gone through several guitar teachers, all of them eventually just told me to give up
>one of them recommended I see a doctor because my reflexes and timing were so dead I might have something
>still can't play a single fucking note or chord because of short thick fingers

fuck this playing an instrument is lame I can literally just make these noises in fl studio
>>
Become a singer, the voice is an instrument too.
>>
>>65789559
Did I mention I speak in monotone only
>>
File: 0c8112a7.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0c8112a7.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>65789524
play the turntable or the sampler or something like that. if you learn how to create a great sound and atmosphere you can go far

i'm not even kidding lmao

learn how to get a good sound and get a band (you must learn how to make a really good sound or they will just kick you out)
>>
>>65789697
Geologist is the unsung member of AnCo and needs to put out the 2017 GOAT solo mixtape
>>
>>65789524
lol is this every bleep/noisefag? lmao
>>
>>65789775
haha

:(
>>
I assume this thread is bait because guitar is just not that hard

Short/thick fingers are a mild obstacle at best and anyone can learn timing
>>
>>65789524
Is this guy living proof electronic music is for autistic people?
>>
play bass

also did ppl who you were paying for lessons really tell you to give up? when i was hopeless at instrument they never said anything like that
>>
>>65789697
also not every guy needs to be the guitar hero. you can experiment you a ton of stuff like tape recorders, samplers, synths

i think that if you learn samplers and synth sound really thoroughly you can create something meaningful

plus after a gig you can play a dj set which is pretty sweet. i'd like to see one of those guitarfags that can only play guitar do that!

>>65789758
yeah man, he's the glue of the group. his knowledge of samplers and synthesizer sound is what defines the sound of the group. very underrated member.
>>
>>65789836
>I assume this thread is bait because guitar is just not that hard
by your logic. i assume your post is bait because guitar is a pretty difficult instrument.
>>
>>65789900
>pretty difficult instrument

top kek. If you're playing at an advanced level, sure. But the basics aren't difficult at all and you can get very far with the basics.
>>
>>65789939
I was just making a point.
>>
>>65789524
guitar is a tricky beast. here's my advice:

barre chords, they're really uncomfortable to play at first, but once you get em down you can play almost any chord with just a few finger positions, and if i remember correctly elimantes the need for a capo
>>
Can you play open chords at least?

I've been playing about the same time as you have and I have short fingers also but I was able to teach myself to play.

How much do you practice?
>>
>>65790819
Oh wait nvm I'm a dumb ass I forget you practice for 3 hours a day

Yeah you might wanna see a doctor
>>
what the fuck do you mean you can't play a note or a chord?
>>
>>65789899
That's what I think of Geo too, I think the organic sound they get especially in the 2000-2007 era was because of him
>>
>>65790906
i guess we will just have to wait for his underwater field recording/ambient/noise/psychedelic mashup
>>
>>65790906
here's some geo stuff btw if you didn't hear it already

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwgQv3MvuoPk0XJULxdUOGnGa8JGyypBa
>>
>>65789843
>doesn't understand what autism is
Mild forms of autism would actually make you a better musician with better reflexes and timing.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.