[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is a real shame that Red Hot Chili Peppers never will be as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
It is a real shame that Red Hot Chili Peppers never will be as good as it was with Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik, Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium. It makes me depressed to think about.
>>
>>65786531
RHCP sucks donkeydick you roody-poo
>>
>>65786531
Last track was pretty good and it has some other nice ones. I dig the "reverb-y minimalistic guitar on top of funky basslines and jazzy drums" approach. Kiedis voice is annoying as usual. Songwriting is not at their strongest. REALLY wished they got out of the box more. If they experimentated with wilder sounds it could have been better. Overall, an enjoyable listen, but I'd only go back to a few tracks and that's it.
>>
>>65786963
OP here, I actually could not agree more. Though I feel like the songwriting on stadium arcadium was kind of weak sometimes as well. In conclusion I don't think I will listen that much to the new tracks compared to how much I listen to anything pre I'm with you though
>>
They kinda make me vomit now. I might buy it if i ever eat poisoned mushrooms. #ruchpuhhh
>>
>>65786531
The Getaway is their best album since By The Way, what are you on about?
>>
Its pretty clear they miss Frusciante
>>
BSSM = OHM > Cali > BTW = MM > IBY > Getaway = SA > UMPP > IWY > FS > The RHCP

literally prove me wrong
>>
>>65788768
Californication is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>65786531
it's not a bad album, but it's not Blood Sugar Sex Magik either
>>
>>65788768
bssm > ohm only because they managed to cut the best tracks
cali is overrated

BSSM > OHM > getaway > BTW > MM > FS > UMPP > SA > CALI > IBY > IWY > RHCP
>>
>>65788535
If Stadium Arcadium was condensed into 12-14 songs, it'd be of higher quality. There's a lot if filler on that album.

I agree with OP though, I've lost interest in the Chili Peppers since John left.
>>
>>65790220
Completely wrong opinion.
>>
>>65786531
>>65788768
>>65791677
Let me tell all you plebs the true rankings. John was only good for MM and BSSM, after that heroin melted his brain. Hillel is the one true god.

Freaky Styley > BSSM = MM > UMPP > Cali = OHM > Stadium > The RHCP > By The Way > IWY

Haven't listened to The Getaway so I left it off.
>>
there isn't a true ranking guys, that's subjective
>>
>>65792024
Awoh, Someone doesn't understand uplift mofo. And ranks it wrongly bobo. Anyway, peppers suck.
>>
>>65792488
(posting it here too since this thread is more active )

I didn't listen to all of their previous albums but I'd give it a 7-8/10, lyrics are mostly meh, some songs sound great.

>favourite so far
Dark Necessities, The Longest Wave, Goodbye Angels, Go Robot, Encore

>least favourite
Detroit
First track isn't too bad but i don't like it

It's good to see that there's not as much filler on this album.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.