[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better critic of popular music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: piero0.jpg (12 KB, 378x468) Image search: [Google]
piero0.jpg
12 KB, 378x468
Name a better critic of popular music.
>>
antony fantano
>>
n/a
>>
>>65783280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlPfWxul5F4
>>
>>65783280
hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha
>>
>>65783272
Pitchfork
>>
Any critic?
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CTof1qKMbNU

Is there anything Scaruffi can't do?
>>
>>65785993
what is he?
>>
>>65783272
What was he reviewing when this picture was taken?
>>
>>65783272

There are none.
>>
File: mmjoverview.png (797 KB, 1902x869) Image search: [Google]
mmjoverview.png
797 KB, 1902x869
>>
>>65786021
piero scaruffi, amateur human being and professional free thinker, is also a:
cognitive scientist
author
poet
cultural historian
music historian
film historian
political commentator
visual artist
lecturer
software consultant
entrepreneur
>>
>>65786513
yet nobody outside of /mu/ and a few musicians know who he is
>>
>>65786532
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>65786723
how is it not true? or are you just trying to stay inside your meme-proof /mu/ bubble you entire life?
>>
>>65786746
hes part of a group of scientists that arrange events across the world and has written books for a variety of tiny niches. he's also lectured at several universities.
>>
>>65786513

Except he's good at none of those things.

He also doesn't even care for music.

Truly valid opinions.
>>
>>65787427
>>65786746
he's given lectures to thousands of people and thousands of people have read his criticism.
>>
I often disagree with him but he has arguments and can explain why he doesnt like that album so he is legit and a good critic
>>
>>65786060
taste of his mothers milk
>>
>>65787454
he's the best historian of rock music. no one else has even attempted to catalogue music to the extent that he has for decades.
>>
>>65783272
simon reynolds
>>
>>65787520

What he has done doesn't count. The amount of factual inaccuracies completely nullify the rest.
>>
I can't take him seriously
>>
>>65789507
You're too plebeian anyways.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.