[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1456477346453.jpg (61 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1456477346453.jpg
61 KB, 600x400
>/prod/ general - I don't have the OP edition

post what you're working on, post WIPs, post resources, ask for advice, give advice, etc. no soundcloud links - this thread isn't for self promotion, it's for self improvement. clyp.it is preferred, you know the deal.

https://clyp.it/v1f0uqln
here's a loop I made just now, trying to figure out how to flesh it out into a full track.
>>
I made this song today with a CS-80 emulator and my CZ-101. It's very raw and in progress, yeah I know I need to do like, more than one vocal take and I need to play the keys better.. also the lyrics in the second part will probably be changed also I'll probably add more jammy shit to the end
https://clyp.it/g4sqwxvq
plz let me know if you have any feedback that might help me finish the song!
>>
>>65775231
You have a good voice, anon. Also I feel like you should definitely vary the chord progression a bit, the structure of the song as is doesn't do much to hold my attention.
>>
Any1 recording guitars/bass/drums?

Friend recently copped a TEAC eight track and you better believe I'm keen for some analog recording senpai
>>
https://clyp.it/t3qprcac
>>
Hey, what's a really good soft synth for creating pad sounds with rich textures for ambient pads?
>>
Hey, i'm a little new to these threads but I was wondering if I could get some insight into mixing tracks through something like Ableton.

I always 'smash' everything and just have no idea how to mix things as I go. Limiters on the master, bass never comes out crisp, etc. I have a bunch of tracks I want to release, but i'm worried it's passed the point of no return to clean up.

Does anyone have some basic tips (eg. should I start recording at a low volume and bring everything up in mastering stage?)

Here is a track of mine for reference:

https://clyp.it/jwmixxcj
>>
>>65775902
massive
>>
>>65776030
fuck massive
>>
Is it possible to download free VSTs for macs because it seems impossible.
>>
>>65775902
I really like u-he's diva, though I've started using samples to make a lot of my pads whether it's through timestretching, reprocessing sounds from libraries, or granular synthesis. If you're new to the game serum isn't bad either, it has a very easy learning curve and I'd recommend it over something like massive for beginners.

>>65775932
It definitely sounds like you're going really heavy on the compression, especially with the bass. Always remember to chisel out your sounds with EQ. This will go a long way towards making your tracks sound less muddy, then you can compress stuff. Sweep frequencies for unpleasant stuff, cut it out, and use filters to cut out what each sound "isn't good at." You'd be surprised how much unnecessary sound your patches are making, carve that out and you'll have more room for other stuff. It'll also help with listener fatigue, which your bass hits were seriously giving me. Always remember that you're dealing with a bandwidth issue when you're mixing, whether it's loudness, frequency content, or stereo imaging, it's about arranging elements so they don't occupy the same space and they all have room to do their job. Start there and your tracks will be a lot cleaner sounding. Also with that track in particular I feel like it desperately needs some high frequency content, it's suffocating as is. I throw field recordings with a high pass filter in a lot of my tracks to alleviate that and give a sense of presence; our brain associates high frequencies with airyness or space.

>>65776140
what do you mean? pirate shit? it's the same as on windows. there aren't as many freeware VSTs on mac if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>65776140
Audio Damage have some nice ones for free such as the RoughRider (sweet stereo compressor). Otherwise, pick up a copy of Computer Music, i just got one and it includes like 100 VST (soft synths, effects etc) as well as some samples.
>>
>>65776175
Where do you reccomend I pirate VSTs?
>>65776183
Thanks I'll look into it. So far I've only been using my own analog samples and it's getting a little tedious.
>>
File: 1353975537300.jpg (74 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
1353975537300.jpg
74 KB, 500x563
>>65775932
When you're mixing, if something sounds unclear or you want to bring it up, try taking down the volume of other / competing channels instead, that way you don't get the constant red zone level indicator.

IMO the limiter should only be included in the mastering process, or maybe if you have some super weird transients (happens to me with chopped drums sometimes).
>>
>>65776175

Second person you responded to here - thanks for all that, I absolutely agree with what you said about the track too. I feel claustrophobic listening back to it but was totally stuck on what to change, remove or add.

I'll keep in mind about EQing which I am probably being a bit lazy with - would you also recommend turning the master volume down a few db's before starting a new track (as mine is obviously too loud in every aspect)? Or is that not really an important step compared to simply EQing everything well with each other?
>>
>>65775902
NI Absynth is gewd for pads
>>
>>65776094
why?
>>
>>65776175
>I really like u-he's diva, though[...]
Gonna check that one out thanks
I'm not new actually.
I'm just trying to find some new synths to use to get some fresh workflow going.
And I don't have a synth that I find very suitable for pads, so I use similar techniques like you mostly, like resampling, paulstretch is great too.
I should really do more granular things, I don't think fl comes with a granular synth, I know ableton does but I only use FL anymore. What would you recommend for granular synthesis?
>>
>>65776238

Thanks for that - I never thought to do this, it makes a lot of sense. Should I basically avoid a limiter except for those sudden loud peaks / transients I want to bring down?
>>
>>65776271
Yes, in general you want as much dynamics as possible, with some exceptions (making a club track you want to compress it a bit so it's easier to mix with other compressed songs for example)
>>
>>65775132
This setup is really weird 2bh. Like it's conflicting between hardware and pc computer pro.
>>
anyone know any good free music creating programs? i wanna make a music box-y track for a lil pet project
>>
>>65775132
if you go on novation music's youtube they have a video series called "finish something", if you can look past the product placement its mainly about how to turn a loop into an entire track easily
>>
Is ableton live and push 2 worth the 1400$ for it? I wanna get into making electronic music and that seems like the place to start but I wanna know if you guys produce with more affordable hardware/software?
>>
https://clyp.it/fybsv0x0
>>
File: 1442857440448.jpg (87 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1442857440448.jpg
87 KB, 500x393
>>65776203
I use proaudiotorrents and what.cd to get most of my VSTs, those are both private trackers though. You can get a membership to proaudiotorrents if you donate, I believe. Thepiratebay is also ok even if it's probably a honeypot lmao. If it's something brand new sometimes audioz will get it first but you need usenet or a lot of patience to dl from there. My preferred scene group is R2R, literally never had an issue with any of their releases.

>>65776247
No worries man, the track is actually really cool, just needs a bit of work. As for your question it really depends, honestly when I'm composing I throw a limiter on the master too and basically ignore it until everything's done, then I delete it and start mixing. I set general levels as I go along and if things start sounding too muddy beforehand I know I'm probably piling too many bits in one frequency range and I get a little more selective with what I'm doing. As far as my mixing workflow goes, usually my starting point is I treat my sounds individually to get a clean signal out of each of them, this clears up a lot of headroom right off the bat, then I start thinking about what bits and pieces I want to emphasize, subdue, or blend together. I'll also solo tracks that are in similar ranges and carve out homes for them so they don't fight. Also, you should look into parallel compression. Long as you don't overdo it it can really help you make a track more vibrant. Also the other anon gave good advice, another ridiculously simple but effective thing I've learned is to keep your volume low when mixing.

>>65776265
Even then, my recommendation still stands. Serum is one of my go-tos when I know exactly what I want and I want it fast. It doesn't sound the best but the interface is stupid simple. Unfortunately most of the granular synthesizers I use are max for live devices but omnisphere has a granular synthesis function built in; it's prolly the best softsynth on the market imo but it's like 50gb.
>>
>>65776491
Don't drop 1400 up front on a hobby you don't know if you'll stick with. If you have a computer you already have everything you need. NEVER buy gear till you know you need it, unless you're a pro or enthusiast with disposable income. Pirate Ableton or FL Studio, a softsynth, and some free drum kits, load up some Youtube tutorials, and you're ready to begin.

FL Studio has a very easy initial learning curve, but many people hit a plateau with it quickly because the GUI can get convoluted when you're trying to pull off more advanced stuff. Ableton is known for having a harder learning curve, but I find it much easier to get more complex things done in it. Both are great at the end of the day.

As for a starter softsynth, like I said earlier I'd recommend Serum or Sylenth1, both of them have very friendly interfaces and there's a huge amount of resources for learning both, as well as endless presets to download. They might not be as powerful or sound as good as other synths out there, but their ease of use and the sheer amount of learning resources available for them makes them perfect for someone just starting out. I'd also recommend learning your DAWs built in effects before downloading other effect VSTs.

If you absolutely NEED a controller, buy a cheap MIDI keyboard to start off with, or an Akai APC Mini if you're using Ableton. I own Push and while it's great for starting tracks or getting ideas out fast, I'd never consider it essential to my setup. I use an Akai LPK25 more than any other piece of gear I own. It cost me maybe 50 bucks on sale and that's compared to the hundreds I've dumped into gear and software.
>>
>>65776436
not at all, walk into almost any professional studio and you'll see hardware interfaced to a computer as the "brain." best of both worlds. the flexibility of digital with the sound and tactility of analogue.
>>
>>65776571

Second person again - this has been really helpful, so thank you for taking the time.

Few things there that I hadn't heard of before, like soloing out the similar ranges. It was honestly giving me a headache wondering how to approach mixing this stuff, but I think that is perfect what you and the other anon pointed out. Will give it a shot.
>>
where can I find a good drum samples for making trap music? can't find any torrents. maybe im just a dumdum
>>
>>65777856
just google the lex luger drum kit, it's the one literally everyone uses and it's easy as fuck to find
>>
https://clyp.it/0kfz1rkx

hey prod!

started this a couple of hours ago, would love some criticism.
>>
How do I actually get the confidence and charisma to approach bands and artists, and ask to record them / produce their stuff?

I have no idea where to start, and have terrible anxiety issues which obviously doesn't help. Plus 90% of the music in my city is totally banal and just further demotivates me for wanting a career in this.
>>
Can't listen to anything here so just bumping
>>
https://clyp.it/rhygfxbg
did some stuff
>>
Just finished this

https://soundcloud.com/wolfoj/potential

I'm not great at mixing but pretty happy with how this came out overall
>>
File: HDc06s2.jpg (38 KB, 596x447) Image search: [Google]
HDc06s2.jpg
38 KB, 596x447
>>65778056
Ariana <3
>>
File: 9CZZwVw.jpg (205 KB, 634x1024) Image search: [Google]
9CZZwVw.jpg
205 KB, 634x1024
>>65779062
Will return feedback on this
>>
>>65776464
Not OP but thanks for this, checking it out
>>
wondering if anybody has any input on a dr40 vs an h4n?
>>
https://clyp.it/1l2y45rv
can someone with some monitors let me know how the mix/master sounds?
any clipping or clashing?
i'm working with earbuds
>>
https://youtu.be/1SEgoi7kjw8?t=63

Can someone tell me what this is? I mean, how to replicate it? (I want the 'human sounding' thing)
>>
>>65779842
that "uhhh" cut?
that's just a sample
i'm not sure what else you could mean by "human sounding"
>>
>>65779879
Just a sample? Is it not some kind of formant filter or something like that?

I want my drum snare to have that 'uh' added to it
>>
>>65779914
it really sounds like just a sample to me
i could be wrong
>>
Did anyone fall for the Virus TI meme? Is it worth investing in or is it just a meme?
>>
>>65779735
There's nothing really to clash and no clipping. Sounds all right.
>>
>>65779914
Just sounds like an "uh" taken from the end of a vocal take for probably a different song. No formant filter, just pitched down.
>>
>>65780397
Thinking the same thing. Its overpriced for what it is and I don't think it's as special as it was a few years ago but still holds up. Their price holds well over time
>>
Hey guys, I'm thinking about sending this to my crush. I worked really hard on it.Do you think you could give some constructive feedback?

https://clyp.it/i3ytfgfs
>>
>>65781615
please stop doing whatever it is you think you are doing
>>
>>65778056
the vocals and the key to the piano works really really well, and the waviness sounds great

>>65781615
magical

working on instrumental loops, feedback would be appreciated
>ambient
https://clyp.it/pprpo4ki
>>
>>65780397
Imo they are outdated. Plugins are so great that idk why people buy hardware va.
>>
>>65782008
hater
>>65782061
>magical
thanks senpai
>>
>>65782586
np bb, im sure lauren will love it xoxoxo
>>
>>65781615
This is lit. The vocals really go off, senpai. Lauren will be ur bae in no time.
>>
>>65781615
>I worked really hard on it
yeah, it must have been really hard to blather into your laptop microphone and layer it 5 times
>>
File: 1465182033185.jpg (32 KB, 640x631) Image search: [Google]
1465182033185.jpg
32 KB, 640x631
Can anyone recommend VST's for chamber pop/baroque pop? I don't particularly want a super refined orchestral sound. I'm looking for an Illinois by Sufjan, Have you in My wilderness by Julia Holter, ITAOTS, Andrew Bird-type-of-sound. Thoughts?
>>
>>65784169
>Thoughts?
That they used actual instruments you fucking pansy
>>
>>65784204

I only play guitar and piano. I can't afford, nor have the time to learn to play 10 more instruments
>>
>>65782257
Im one of those pricks that prefer twisting knobs rather than clicking a mouse, I keep all the production on hardware up until the final mixdown
Missing out on some of the cool shit from Massive and Serum though
>>
>>65784263
Look into sample libraries and learn how to process your sounds to make them sound a little more natural. Omnisphere and Kontakt are a good start.
>>
>>65784406

Thank you. I'll have to find tutorials to learn how to process them.Stock libraries by Kontakt? Or any specific ones besides Omnisphere?
>>
File: 1438372313184.png (19 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1438372313184.png
19 KB, 571x448
Guys, how do I automate a drum beat to be in-sync with a sample? A bit of a beginner here.

I'm slowing down a track, and I want to get my drum rhythm to go with it, as vague as that sounds.

I'm on Ableton.
>>
Is there some way to have a "general purpose" MIDI knob, so that when I select ANY parameter, I can adjust the value by turning that knob?
>>
Haven't been in /prod/ for quite a while, have you guys seen the lunga copy on sale on discogs?
It's 100 bucks tho, any richfags willing to take one for the team?
>>
>>65775932
lol fucking limiter on the master what a fuking nub
>>
>>65785449

Another curious anon here.Someone answer this, plz
>>
Here there a better laptop for prod than a quadcore macbook atm?

I really like the battery autonomy and the processor but I only have 512gig of memory so large library doesn't fit and I have to make some choice...
>>
rate & feedback pls

https://clyp.it/dlyvbfsw

i kinda make hiphop inspired, percussion heavy, electronic music if i had to describe my style
>>
>>65779109
10/10, would impregnate and pay allimony to
>>
>>65785398
warp the sample so the transients fall with the grid
>>
>>65785449
>>65785835
google "one knob max" if using ableton, it exists

also, ableton automaps shit to cc 1-8 in channel 1, so by selecting a device you can automatically control the 8 more usable parameters
>>
>>65786850

Anything like that for Reaper?
>>
File: IMGP0431a.jpg (673 KB, 772x1002) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0431a.jpg
673 KB, 772x1002
I didn't write this piece but I recorded it :3

https://clyp.it/coeqkzby
>>
>>65786892
>Reaper
0 clue, the good thing about ableton is that it comes with max, if reaper has an equivallent then google "(max equivallent) one knob"
>>
>>65786806
>warp the sample

Okay.

>so the transients fall with the grid

Sorry, I'm lost. I know what you're talking about, but not quite...can you explain?
>>
>>65786907
can you provide any insight on this >>65779194 ?
>>
>>65779194
>>65787125
Basically the same thing. The DR-40 is slightly cheaper. In terms of hardware capability they're basically identical. the H4N has more internal mixing options (all kinds of effects and shit you can put on stuff) while the Tascam has just simple levels, panning, reverb, delay, etc. I've used both at different times and watched some comparison videos and decided on the Tascam. I basically use it just as a tape machine to record the audio (I now use external mics and preamps) but it's still very handy to have as point-and-record option.

So yeah, just grab whichever one you can get the best deal on.
>>
>>65778056

This is really cool.

The vocal needs to cut through a little more overall but especially at the drop at 1:00.

I would recommend sticking something like an elysia alpha master on bontempism on the vocal, then when the drop kicks in have a lower octave double of the acapella doubling the vocal (something like soundtoys little alter boy does this well).

Also The big synth that comes up, stick a wavesfactory track spacer on it and sidechain that to your lead vocal and dial that up a bit until the synth leaves a little space for the vocal to cut through.

Good work man.
>>
>>65786163
bump
>>
https://clyp.it/xaeipz3u
should i be concerned that the kick sounds like it's clipping on my shitty laptop speakers (it's not clipping in my ear buds)
>>
>>65784461
Honestly I don't have many recommendations for organic sounding sample libraries, most of the ones I have are recordings of old synth hardware. For what you wanna do you're definitely gonna need to find some external libraries. IIRC my copy of Kontakt didn't even come with stock sounds. Omnisphere, especially the trillian expansion, has a lot of good sounds built in and it's really easy to modify and create new sounds or load your own samples. I also recommend looking up sample packs sourced from public domain film. There are lots of free ones with the types of sounds you're probably looking for, vintage movie score sounding shit that'll mesh well with the aesthetic you're going for.

>>65785398
You need to warp the track. There are lots of guides online and it's pretty easy. Usually as simple as adding a marker on the downbeat, clicking make 1.1 or w/e and selecting warp from here. If you know the EXACT bpm you could also set that and line it to the grid manually, then set the sample to repitch and lower the tempo. If you warp the other way I recommend flattening after warping with complex, that way when you set things to repitch you won't get awkward pitch bends when it morphs the track. To explain what warping does imagine your BPM as a grid that all elements of the track work within. Right now, your transients aren't lining up with this grid; transients are essentially where a sound "hits." Warping morphs audio to align those hits to your grid, syncing things up and keeping stuff in time.

>>65786010
Only real benefit of producing on OSX is unified audio drivers, slightly reduced latency, and occasionally improved stability provided you're using plugins that update frequently to keep up with Apple's updates. I've basically stopped using my Mac to produce because Apple's updates always end up breaking plugins, Yosemite broke a ton of my favorite plugins because its rendering code was updated so I decided not to bother and to go back to Windows.
>>
File: Soundwave.png (108 KB, 2400x684) Image search: [Google]
Soundwave.png
108 KB, 2400x684
>>65786958
look at the wave drawing, it has like "spikes" (the taller parts), warp that spikes in place with the grid, in most cases thats enough
>>
>>65787498
is it clashing with the sub?
>>
>>65787556
this example is kind of shit cause it has a lot of spikes, and you would actually need to warp them all, but i guess you get the point, the tall part on the grid or as near as possible
>>
>>65787607
*tall partS
>>
>>65787607
>you would actually need to warp them all
Not true, actually. If you do things properly things will usually line up on their own, give or take some discrepancies if it's an older non-electronic track with slight tempo variation. When I'm warping a track I usually only have to place makers every few phrases. If you can avoid it, you don't want to use too many warp markers anyways. Not only is it more work, this can make things sound unnatural and can sometimes make it harder to keep timestretching artefacts in check.
>>
>>65787985
great to know, i thought it was way dumber
>>
How do I make my lead track (second guitar track that comes in) really have a large sound when it drops in? I want it to really ring with a large presence that doesn't cover the rhythm track.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Lt5qLWlAqk
>>
https://clyp.it/etho5szb

Boom bappy type hip-hop beat I've been messing with. Sample based, pretty simple in general, probably gonna add more to it later, just an early concept really

feedback would be cool, just getting into production more seriously lately
>>
>>65787498
It's fine. Even if it was clipping ever so slightly, nobody really cares in the commercial world. Most of today's music peaks wayyy over 0dB
>>
>>65788327
i have i heard this before but i didn't really believe it
every pop song i've ever analyzed hits -.3
could you give me an example of one that goes over?
and how do they do that without everything getting distorted?
i'm really curious desu
>>
>>65787297
thanks!! this is really helpful!
>>
dunno what to call it or what sort of genre to call it so i called it hmm thing

guess you could call it techno

been producing for a few months now, whatcha think I can improve? whats good what bad?

https://clyp.it/n13mkkx2

Hope your speakers can handle sub bass
>>
>>65788838
The song itself isn't bad, but the drums just sound a little too stock for my liking. Also the lead that starts around 30 sec doesn't really match the bass too well, but the other leads that come in make it sound alright I guess.

Main thing I would say to work on is EQing
>>
>>65789022
oh and making your drums not so quantized
>>
>>65788838
it's building up too slow in my opinion
I like the part that's playing at the very end (around 6 minutes) but it was rather boring in the beginning
I feel like this part that I like should be in the middle and not the end of the track and be played most of the time of the track as main melody/riff/whatev
also add some more high end percussion
>>
File: figure 10.png (295 KB, 766x473) Image search: [Google]
figure 10.png
295 KB, 766x473
>>65788664

The trouble is with inter-sample peaks happening at the D/A conversion stage - this is what drives levels over 0db - look at this RHCP waveform

http://www.academia.edu/13800723/The_Mastering_Loudness_War_Can_The_Effects_of_Hyper-Compression_and_Increasing_Loudness_In_Commercially_Released_and_Broadcast_Music_Be_Reduced
>>
File: Inter-sample-diagram-copy.jpg (82 KB, 450x209) Image search: [Google]
Inter-sample-diagram-copy.jpg
82 KB, 450x209
>>65789111
>inter-sample peaks happening at the D/A conversion stage

Image related is what happens at the reconstruction stage to create levels exceeding 0db

http://www.musictech.net/2012/09/10mm-no211-inter-sample-peaks/
>>
>>65789022

yeah i defo need to eq the song and master it i havent done either on the song yet

and yeah I can see if the drums sound a little bland or off the shelf, but I really like the samples im using, Is there a way to add some character or just make them a little different to make them less stocky

well I purposely make the bass clash a little with lead lines to create a sort of illusion that when you only hear each individual part it sounds bad but when they come together they blend together to sound good and also very rythmic

also i deliberately wanted to make the whole thing very computery/ quantized
>>
>>65789079

yeah i can see that, i can see if it needs to grab your attention more

I want to keep a progression throughout the song, and the structure, how else do you feel the song might grab your attention, maybe I could just shorten a few sections to keep the momentum?

I've already added an off beat cowbell and the clap and snare already occupy a lot of the high end and your attention and I wanted to focus on the rhythmic nature of the lead lines
>>
>>65789180
>well I purposely make the bass clash a little with lead lines to create a sort of illusion that when you only hear each individual part it sounds bad but when they come together they blend together to sound good and also very rythmic

I can respect that

>Is there a way to add some character or just make them a little different to make them less stocky

I would say EQ each drum sound before you EQ the whole track. For example, if you have a heavy sub bass sound going, having too much bass on your kicks will steal too much of the lower register and cause interference. Also compressing/EQing snares it pretty important imo.

Also idk what program you're using but adding swing to your drums is a good place to start making them sound less computerized.

I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff really, but that's what I've got
>>
>>65789284
yeah, definitely shorten a few parts I would say for that type of music.

also if you're trying to make more intresting/attention-grabbing music, don't stick with whatever normally "sounds good" for the type of music you're making, experiment with a lot of different sounds and try to incorporate them into your music.

also be conscious of how others are going to perceive your music. this doesn't mean you have to sacrifice originality, just know that people are going to hear it a certain way whether or not you think something was a good idea. One thing I do is I think about what I would think about a track I made if I were someone else, and whether or not I would actually listen to it all the way through
>>
>>65789585

solid advice thanks dude
>>
is there a song in here somewhere or should I just drop it?
https://clyp.it/clyjmw02
>>
>>65790207

keep goin dude
>>
>>65790207
sounds good so far to me, keep it up
>>
File: 1450154446802.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1450154446802.gif
182 KB, 226x224
>>65790579
>>65790394
alrighty then thanks
>>
How does one go about making a short sample loop continuously as if it were a synth
>>
>>65781615
wow so good!
>>
>>65786163
Bump 2
>>
File: loopable.jpg (93 KB, 1296x744) Image search: [Google]
loopable.jpg
93 KB, 1296x744
>>65791317
ok anon here's a quick illustration of how to make a short sample flawlessly loopable.

A. take audio region
B. cut it somewhere in the middle
C. shift the beginning to the end
D. adjust the boundary and crossfade so it sounds the way you want
E. consolidate into one solid audio file/clip. the end of the audio is not the exact same location as the beginning so you can loop it seamlessly as many times as you want
F. ????
G. prophet
>>
>>65791605
*is NOW the exact same location as the beginning
>>
File: problem.png (122 KB, 1409x676) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
122 KB, 1409x676
why does this happen?
>>
File: James_Blake_Cover.jpg (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
James_Blake_Cover.jpg
58 KB, 300x300
I'm trying to figure out some synth patches that allow the playing of complex chords without sounding like shit like James Blake uses on unluck/wilhelm scream and such, but i just can't get it right.

Too much saw, it sounds too sharp, too much sine it starts to sound like a lead, and if i try to mix them and fuck around with it i get further and further away from a sound i like.

Fuck. Any suggestions with waveforms and effects and such? I'm using Ableton so Operator is the FM synth im using
>>
>>65791774
It's your interface
>>
File: balanced-waveform.gif (5 KB, 420x220) Image search: [Google]
balanced-waveform.gif
5 KB, 420x220
>>65791774
Assuming the cables and connectors are fine (if you switch the adapters nothing changes) it's probably because output 2 ("right") is a balanced signal so it's cancelling itself out going into unbalanced speakers.

It's very odd though that one of the outputs isn't like that and the other is. what innaface is it and what speakers?
>>
>>65786163
scratch that; new version:

https://clyp.it/14bau05p

maybe i'll add some vocals, but what do you think thus far?
>>
>>65791998
fast track ultra and hs5's
>>
>>65792056
makes no sense then. the innaface should be working fine into those, both are balanced outputs/inputs.

there's something else going on that you have to troubleshoot here... are you sure the cables and adapters are fine? are you sure you're coming out 1+2 and not 1+3 or something? hhhhhrrm
>>
>>65792167
>are you sure the cables and adapters are fine?
yes
>are you sure you're coming out 1+2 and not 1+3 or something?
yeah, the outs are in vertical pairs

i put a 1/4" to 1/8" trs piece in output 2 and a 1/8" to dual rca piece going into that and hooked up the right monitor to the red/right one of the dual rca's and now i'm getting sound from both monitors
>>
>>65792426
strange. i love trubbleshooting stuff like that but over the innanet without access to the innaface idunno. at least you found a workaround!
>>
>>65792426

Could be that the contact in your output socket which connects to the tip of a TRS plug (which usually carries the "hot" signal) isn't carrying anything, so plugging a TS plug into it would get no signal either.

When plugging a TRS plug into the socket (making the assumption that only the "hot" signal is missing, but not the "cold" also) you'd get the "cold" signal from the ring and the ground from the sleeve, so if you used a stereo RCA adapter with the TRS plug you'd get a signal from one RCA and not the other.
>>
File: 1466318567494.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1466318567494.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
https://clyp.it/zrtivfm3

How is this shit? Actually starts around 0:50
>>
>>65792960

Please note that this would also mean (if you kept using things this way) that the TRS/RCA adapter combi would be out putting the "cold" signal for that side of the stereo mix, as opposed to the "hot" signal being output by the correctly-working connection using simply the TS plug.

The take-away from this is that the "cold" signal is polarity-flipped, so you'll run into issues with stereo imaging on your speakers and phase cancellation of lower frequencies and mono sounds.

The way around it it to use the same TRS/RCA adapter combi on both speakers, both outputting the "cold" signal only.
>>
>>65775132

https://clyp.it/yvvv0mu5

Going fucking mad.
>>
File: feelin it.gif (971 KB, 301x283) Image search: [Google]
feelin it.gif
971 KB, 301x283
I'm drinking. Let's get jiggy in here!

https://clyp.it/b0oqsg0i
>>
>>65793621
and here's one for you phatties

https://clyp.it/vz50eicb
>>
File: sdf.jpg (20 KB, 718x205) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
20 KB, 718x205
ok so I'm retarded, so forgive me, I'm new to this

>have pic related setup
>want to sync the 2 synths
>both synths have a In, Out and Thru midi connection
>keyboard only has an Out

ok so Slave Synth needs a keyboard. I can't plug the keyboard directly to the slave cuz then I cannot sync it with the Master. So I plug the keyboard to the master, chain it master Thru->slave In, but then the master Thru doesn't seem to be sending any clock MIDI, just the notes so I cannot sync.....what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>65793425
interesting, I like the anger. nice tone
>>
>>65778056
this is really nice
>>
File: midi merge.jpg (26 KB, 718x205) Image search: [Google]
midi merge.jpg
26 KB, 718x205
>>65793801

MIDI merge box, so you can plug the master synth's MIDI out and the keyboard's MIDI out into the slave's MIDI input.
>>
>>65793801
>what the fuck do I do?
learn to despise MIDI like the rest of us. you'll need a merge box to make your plan work
>>
>>65793801
It depends on the gear in question. You should be able to plug the keyboard into the master in and the master out into the slave in if your master synth is like a groovebox or something.
>>
>>65793981
>>65793997
I'll look into this, thank you

>>65794000
when I do this, the slave synth doesn't receive any notes from the keyboard....this means I have to fuck around with the midi channels? I'm sure there's a way to make the CC/Note from the keyboard go through the Out port...
>>
>>65794149
>I'm sure there's a way to make the CC/Note from the keyboard go through the Out port...
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on if that kind of feature was implemented on the device. No 2 MIDI implementations are alike in my experience... it's some frustrating shit.
>>
>>65788838
ffs just call it idem
you know you want to
>>
Can I have some honest feedback about this track? I'm not sure if it's uncomfortable to listen to. Going crazy, here.

https://clyp.it/1tk5nyiq
>>
>>65794718

I quite like that, the sub bass needs some work on it level-wise but if that's a creative choice of yours to have it so loud then I'd work on shortening the note durations instead so you get more of a rhythmical feel - right now the real low stuff is pretty much always present rather than punching in so if it was me doing this I'd do something more like how Orbital used a similar thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSG_CjcbfKI
>>
what daw do you guys use?
>>
>>65795159
ProTools, Reason, or both
>>
>>65794718
>https://clyp.it/1tk5nyiq
I like the leads with the delay, but as the other guy said, the bass is a little loud at times. The samples used are cool. Overall a pretty cool track. Reminds me of some flylo stuff at times.
>>
>>65794952
OK sure, I think you're right - that Orbital track is an absolutely perfect reference point too. Damn. Thank you.
>>
>>65791779
a-anyone lads?
>>
>>65795302
Thank you - I was honestly afraid the track would weaken if the bass was quieter, but you're right of course. I'll keep going, I appreciate it.
>>
Is there any decent free DAWs or am I going to have to save up?
>>
>>65795325

No worries, looking forward to hearing this again when you've done some more work on it.
>>
>>65795413
I don't think the bass needs to be lowered very much though, just enough to let the samples shine more and make it sound a little bit less muddy when the bass is moving around. I like that outro bit quite a lot, always a sucker for those kind of samples
>>
>>65795445
torrent
>>
>>65795459
Sure, that makes sense - i'll have a dig around now, hopefully shouldn't take too long to fix. Glad you like those last bits too, I will definitely keep them
>>
Is anyone here a member of audionews or proaudiotorrents? I'm looking for an invite. I would just donate to get an account but I don't trust their shady payment methods.

I'm a power user on what.cd and I'm a good boy
>>
I wrote this song for the qt cashier at the CVS. Should I give this to her?

https://clyp.it/qorq32y3
>>
>>65795632
>I'm a power user on what.cd and I'm a good boy

more like a power loser :^)
>>
>>65796147
actually powercuck I think, anon
>>
>>65795632
Idk if they still do, but audionews used to open reg the first of the month every month.
>>
>>65778119
Get high and do it
>>
>>65795632
dont bother with proaudiotorrents. wait until 1st or 2nd of next month and signup is open on audionews
>>
what's the best daw to start out on for a newcomer?
I was looking at FL or Reason, maybe Ableton.
also any beginner controllers you recommend?
>>
>>65797811
depends on how "beginner" you are broski. I wouldn't recommend Reason for a totally green newcomer. Ableton maybe, FL for sure... dunno about controllers tho
>>
>>65797446
>>65797638
Yeah I'm gonna do that but in the mean time I'm just checking if anyone has an invite.
>>
>>65797843
i know nothing
>>
>>65797950
froody lüpz it is then
>>
Here's a link to some of my most recent stuff

http://spoti.fi/1KSP5TC
>>
>>65798456
are the default plugins good or are there any go to to get
>>
is going 100% hardware a retarded idea?
>>
>>65798644
if you're gonna go totally hardwaretron it's a much better investment (both in money and in lifetime) to learn to play. guitar, keys, bass, drums. buy some instruments and get all up into the music already
>>
>>65798712
I'm not interested in learning an instrument right now

I'm just wondering whether a full ITB/hardware set up might feel more rewarding than clicking a mouse, specially in live situations.
>>
>>65798783
I think a hybrid setup is always going to be the best answer.
>>
>>65798812
how would you go about that?

gear + daw+ fx on the computer?
>>
>>65798859
You can send midi out from a PC into hardware, and route the hardware back out into the PC for recording.
>>
>>65798510
How'd you get your stuff on spotify
>>
>>65799323
I signed to Plasmapool/Big Mamas House Records last January. I've been kind of stagnant on new releases as they ruined the master on my last song and it really rubbed me the wrong way.

Send out those demos, it pays off eventually.
>>
>>65799366
Thanks for the advice. I might have trouble finding a definitive label because I produce many genres
>>
>>65799514
Yeah, I sent in 5 songs into them, 3 of them they subsequently released, the 4th one was a dark breakcore song, and the 5th one was a Trance tune and they pretty much have said they'll only release my House stuff. Kind of puts a constraint on my creative flow.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc7OgcUr-NE

anyone have any tips on how to get the synth sound around the 1 minute mark?

is it just pitch and wah modulation or something else?
>>
wtf is this "mod matrix" I hear people say when talking about synths? cant find the meaning on google
>>
>>65799564

Any advice for Breakcore besides the obvious "redsample and chop shit up" or the more infuriating "use renoise"

Everyone just always repeats what I thought to do with Breakcore the second I sat at my PC.
>>
>>65799711
I own Renoise but even after trying for 3 years I just can't wrap my head around vertical tracking, I use Cubase 8 for a lot of it, super easy for sample manipulation and repitching.

A great way to get great sounding snare rolls is to try alternating in different pitches, i.e. try the semitones as 0-0-3-3-5-5-7-7 etc, or instead go linear 0-0-2-2-4-4-6-6 to see how the pitch changes the mood of the song.

Another big tip is to try everything, and bounce everything to audio, makes it 10x easier.
>>
>>65799987
Probably the last break/idm song I attempted, for context.

https://soundcloud.com/ratsx3/k-z-ii-122014mv1
>>
File: yung smug.jpg (31 KB, 597x593) Image search: [Google]
yung smug.jpg
31 KB, 597x593
Made this after watching my gf orgasmfrom a bbc, what do u think?

https://clyp.it/ppvdqeuy
>>
my name is kevin bacon i smoke meth and this is my project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQEiMt_t5b0&ab_channel=ThaH8nta420D00Mster
>>
File: untitled.jpg (5 KB, 242x127) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
5 KB, 242x127
Why after I save my song with a delay from the options of the vst I use(the button with the french wrench)the delay is not heard?Pic related
>>
>>65799684
>https://clyp.it/ppvdqeuy
sounds like they just slapped a pitch envelope on a sample.
>>
File: spencerpinhead.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
spencerpinhead.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
Made a really short track inspired by Spencer Clark/Ferraro's primavera 2012.I like how it ended but of course there is still a lot to improve and would be really happy if someone listen to it and comment.
https://clyp.it/ixlij3mg
>>
>>65775132
nice speakers
>>
>>65800469
it's nice

where's the vocal sample from
>>
>>65799711
Buy an Octatrack
>>
https://clyp.it/xa3mfmyl

>future beat / electronic

rate/hate/feedback/

not incredibly happy with the mixing yet, but it's getting better
>>
Guys I'm using a cheap 6.33mm jack microphone and recording directly into Ableton through line-in but the recordings are way too quiet even before mixing. How can I find out what's wrong?
>>
>>65802573
Why are you using MIDI delay instead of audio fx though?
>>
>>65804349
Turn up your synths.
Or it's an impedance mismatch, maybe.
>>
Got a couple of questions for some cubase /mu/tants.
I bought Cubase Artist when I was a poor fag. Now I have a job with decent money coming in. My question is, is what plugins should I get? I'm used to Pro-Tools since that's what my college used.

Especially what plugins do you recommend for sampling?
>>
>>65804622
This is about as loud as it is willing to record at. It's my first time trying to use a mic with my PC so I'm not sure where to start. I'ts apparently a uni-directional dynamic microphone. Frequency response is 100-12,000 Hz. Sensitivity is -76 dB +- 3 dB at 1,00 Hz. Impedance is 600 ohm +- 15%.
>>
>>65804721
What's your soundcard?
>>
>>65804721
>>65804761
Oh wait, you're connecting microphone straight to line-in? You'll probably gonna need a preamp to bring your mic to line level.
>>
New-age ambient is fun to make even if i don't know if this has a real musical value

https://clyp.it/0mozu4kk

I maybe shouldn't have continued and should just cut the track around 2:37
Opinions, anons?
>>
>>65804792
So would it be easier/ cheaper to just admit I'm a retard and buy a USB mic instead?
>>
File: maud_mobilepre.jpg (222 KB, 760x426) Image search: [Google]
maud_mobilepre.jpg
222 KB, 760x426
>>65805074
i got a dece usb interface with 2 pres and phantom power for $20 on ebay
do the same and use whatever mic you like

pic related
>>
>>65805117
ebay link: /itm/Studio-w.Microphone-Pro-Audio-Sound-Recording-USB-Condenser-Mic-w-Stand-Broadcast-/162105945325?hash=item25be446ced:g:ROYAAOSwHgVW659r

is this something that could be recorded directly into ableton without issue? I'm not looking for great audio quality or anything cos it's just for recording some demo's but I'd like some sort of quality.
>>
>>65782257
usability, plain and simple
>>
Spent hours this weekend fiddling with FL Studio on melody ideas and I can get plenty of good melodies.

But for fucks sake I fucking hate listening to a track, thinking "oh that instrument sounds great" and then spending like an hour trying to find something similar or tweak a Synth / Oscilator to sound like it.

So I end up just defaulting to writing piano tracks because it's fuckin piano and I don't have to reverse engineer a bunch of wub wub or zippy zappy blasting orchestral synth hits.

What do? I finally stopped myself like a hour into fucking with this Oscilator when I realized I wasn't having any fun at all - Just frustration.

What should I do about this? I don't want to just drop a bunch of money on the expensive FL Synths like Harmless or Harmor or Sawyer and all that shit - but just looking through there, all the super ez premade stuff in there sounds great.

I'm guessing with the right effects I should be able to replicate most anything with DX10 / Sytrus / 3x Oscilator?

They aren't packing the same prepackaged effects that the others are, but with the right stuff it should be possible. But fuck getting there is a chore. Am I wrong?
>>
https://clyp.it/coxylehh
Any feed back on this? Lofi hiphop
>>
>>65800469
where have i heard this before?
>>
>>65806521
Get yourself some free VSTs and start with PRESETS. 90% of what you think is amazing in whatever other song was made the same way and can be broken down to like 4 types of basic synth sounds. Load up SQ8L, Monofury, OBDX or even FL's basic ass 3xOsc or SimSynth (I love SimSynth) and then find something that you kinda like and then tweak it until it sounds cool.

Work mostly on just finding interesting sounds that appeal to you. Then you can't worry about replicating other shit.

PS you can just post what you were trying to replicate and a lot of people will give you a decent starting point. You will in all likelihood NEVER 100% replicate someone else's instrument sound but you can figure out why that thing appeals to you and then incorporate that
>>
>>65808606

Yung Lean Ginseng Strip 2002.
>>
>>65775132
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwjDhNoj2fxzRhSIimh8x5w

my work
>>
>>65805350
Yes. These things will work just fine with Ableton no problem. In fact, Ableton will probably automatically detect it when it's plugged in and automatically use it for its sound.
>>
>>65804588
because i like the way it sounds
>>
https://clyp.it/jv1skyxl

>tfw it was the only acapella i could find at this bpm

skip ahead a bit there's the unnecessary looping, i just felt like uploading this for no apparent reason
>>
https://clyp.it/jbbr5tzu
is there any distortion going on with the lead?
also do the mids on the kick sound bad/weak?
>>
>>65804869
>tfw no feedback

>>65806645
It's alright but it's not as good as your avatar

i think that your bass is a bit too boomy

>>65809841
Drop the acapella t b h

>>65810335
It's good
I don't hear any of your problems
>>
>>65810335
Are you recording this sax? It sounds alright but IMO there's some light room noise that's in the recording. It wouldn't matter in a more full backing track or if you're going for that kind of feel but that's the biggest thing that stands out to me.

No distortion though, you're good
>>
>>65808743
I'll give it a shot. I haven't modded or added much of any plugins to FL since I got it although I know there's a ton of stuff out there.

Guess I will have to go hunt around and see what's worth the time.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-11 at 08.11.54).png (255 B, 50x17) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-11 at 08.11.54).png
255 B, 50x17
https://clyp.it/pa44cbfq
how do y'all feel about this
>>
>>65810667
Nice charlie brown wave you got going
>>
>>65810613
no it's just a sample
i figured the noise would take up some room give it a nice floaty kind of feel
idk if it's too much i can try to eq it out a bit
>>
File: CY7mhN6UwAEeTsP.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CY7mhN6UwAEeTsP.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>65810600
Skeleton jelly guy here. What do you think I could do to make it more interesting? I honestly think I over worked and and there's too much going on sometimes so I was thinking about cutting it down alot and making another beat with the scraps. I'll check yours out in about an hour when I get on my lunch break m8 I love ambient stuff
>>
Anyone got tips for beginning with physical chiptune music? (LSDJ, real gameboys, c64,...)
>>
>>65811116
onefor.bandcamp.com is my LSDJ music,
you can email me at [email protected] if you got questions specifically about LSDJ

basically what I would say is the learning curve is really FUCKED UP so if you're not in it for the long haul get out while you still can
>>
>>65791605
> prophet
>>
>>65811147
Thanks! I'll keep that tip in mind. I think I'll first learn famitracker to get familiar with the mechanics of chiptracking and such. Making music on the go with LSDJ seems something fun to look out to as well, or is it a meme?
>>
Thoughts on Renoise? I love the tracker so much more than a piano roll.
>>
>>65811237
tracking in some really ridiculous places (the luvre, under a bridge in dublin, on the train in NYC) is amazing and I just grew up with the original gameboy so it seemed like a great fit; but you should really find something to get comfortable with and stick with it. Famitracker is a great choice, been futzing around with it for years
>>
how the fuck to upload clyps on the android app? Their faq says adroid supports uploads but im not seeig anything
>>
>>65811388
Thanks so much for your tips and just general input, I'm really grateful c:
>>
>>65811064
I don't know honestly i see the aesthetic you're going for i don't know it enough to give pertinent criticism that's why i stayed vague

Relistening to it the chimes/bells/idon'tknowtheexactwordforthat could be a bit louder at some parts like 0:24 -0:35 ( just a bit )

Why "poison village"?
>>
File: blackdiceequipment.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2084) Image search: [Google]
blackdiceequipment.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2084
Hey lads can you understand any of the things in pic related?

I'm interested in the contents of the paper and why/how they use that to perform in public.
>>
>>65811931
This looks like the equivalent of "saving your patch" on analog equipment like modular gear or guitar pedals which have no recall function. A lot of modular synth guys will take pictures or video of their patches so they can remember how things were plugged in / where the knobs were to get a specific sound. I'd wager that's what you are seeing here. Sometimes used for live performance, so you can get the tone quickly dialed in for song number 4 vs song number 6, which may have a different setting on the guitar pedals.
>>
>>65812108
pretty cool stuff

i guess those settings are for 2 different songs but what is that chorus thingy connected to? what equipment is that?
>>
I want some new gear but don't know what to buy

dubbs decides pls
>>
>>65812259
ableton push
youre welcome
>>
>>65812259
neumann kh 120
>>
>>65812182
Looks to be some sort of Frankenstein type routing or mixing thing. Probably for mixing and switching the signals from various pedals. They might have 6 on one side, 6 on the other, the individual pedals are all dialed in for something like: "song number 5 uses the pedals on the left, song number 6 uses pedals on the right", and they can toggle between them with that rocker switch. May not be exactly right, but I would bet its some combination of mixer / toggle.
>>
>>65812182
are you fucking cereal? Its blatently custom, atthe very least its ready made pedal guts rearranged and assemble in that suitcase, more likely some diy homebrew electronics mixed in as well if not all diy
>>
>>65812294
interesting stuff. thanks.
>>
yo /mu/ what is the advantage of a hardware synth over software?
>>
>>65812355
knobs
>>
>>65812355
yo bum rush tha show
>>
>>65812355
The potential for novelty in either the sound, or the workflow.
>>
>>65812393
>>65812396
>>65812405
so basically nothing then?
>>
>>65775132
Ok, someone tell me what kind of drum pad that is on the left
>>
>>65812472
mickey mouse
>>
>>65812472
>>65812545
Close its a DrumKAT
>>
>>65812448
For gigging, there's less risk of hardware crashing and is typically an easier setup/breakdown. At home there's really no advantage.
>>
>>65812448
Does the thing have a sound you are after? That's the first question. Massive's architecture was based on the Waldorf Q, a digital hardware wavetable synthesizer. Massive has more functionality, more degrees of freedom in terms of effects, modulation, and a different set of wavetables. Despite the similarity, they are both capable of producing novel sounds that the other cannot easily duplicate. And these are two digital synths we are comparing- one hardware, one software.

I believe that any synth has utility, so long as it brings a degree of novelty. Can it produce some sounds that you can't get with what you have already. Serum definitely produces sounds that you would never get out of a vintage Moog keyboard. But the same goes in the opposite direction as well.
>>
File: 1416875903076.png (57 KB, 173x179) Image search: [Google]
1416875903076.png
57 KB, 173x179
>>65812647
>>65812448
>why have something that is reliable, easy to operate, and completely hands-on when you can have this small bitmap screen and a tiny cursor to navigate with?
>>
>>65813767
because it's fucking cheap
>>
Help a noob out! I'm on a Mac and Live 9 Standard a want to get a synth I can get deeper than subtractive with and learn more complex sound design like FM. No money at the moment to actually buy anything, so something I can pirate on what.cd or something. Thanks!
>>
>>65814248
get live suite and just use that
>>
>>65814248
Check out FM8 and review some of the preset patches, especially the percussion. Try to figure out what's going on there. FM8 is very bare bones FM synth in terms of its presentation, but it will give you a handle on how FM works. I recommend you grab an oscilloscope plugin, like bram smartelectronix s(M)exoscope, or Schwa Schope so you can see what effect changing the modulation intensity of the FM operators has on the waveform.

FM8 can also load legacy DX7 patches, which can be cool to learn from. A lot of classic pop sounds came out of the DX7, exploiting the novelty of frequency modulation synthesis.

You may also want to check out wavetable synths, like massive, serum, etc. They are essentially the same old subtractive synths you are used to, difference being that the oscillators can morph between a series of harmonically rich wave shapes, giving you a sort of 'head start' in terms of building more harmonically rich patches.
>>
>>65811664
I just checked your song out man, I love the buzzy synths and the cold "lead" that comes in, as well as the loud bassy part after 2 minutes, I think a really simple percussion arrangement would sound good with this even though it's ambient, even just a shaker or something. I called it poison village because it reminded me of classic rpgs when you return to your home town and it's been destroyed.
>>
Does anyone have any advice for getting that high resonance noisy synth sound you can hear near the start of this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_fVM3R0R4

I figured I could just make it by routing noise through a filter with high resonance but it never works out just the way I want. You can hear this sound on tons of Japanese techno albums.
>>
>>65814887
The percussive water-drop-like sound?
>>
>>65815068
yeah, I suppose you could describe it like that
>>
>>65814376
I'll upgrade to that later when I've got cash because I want Max4live. Want to keep my Live legit though.

>>65814462
Thanks, solid advice. The torrents for Massive and FM8 seem to be really old versions, do they work?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.