[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt we list our primary reasons for listening to music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: background2.jpg (106 KB, 1172x402) Image search: [Google]
background2.jpg
106 KB, 1172x402
I listen to music to help motivate me when I run.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 225x207) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 225x207
It helps me with anxiety, it helps me to be happy, it helps me to be motivated. It honestly just 100% is an improvement to my life.
>>
It's something to do
>>
File: nice meme headphones.jpg (107 KB, 875x357) Image search: [Google]
nice meme headphones.jpg
107 KB, 875x357
It's the only thing my life has left
>>
I would have no hobbies if I didn't
>>
I don't listen to music -- I just post threads with album art and lyrics in all caps
>>
Because i have to sit alone in silence if i don't
>>
I listen to music because it gives me chills and makes me cry. I gotta feel something in this life.
>>
nostalgia or novelty. or dancing/transcending existence.
>>
>>65769898
>>65769945
>>65770001
>>65770015
>>65769890
all of these

but for me it just helps me think and formulate an identity
>>
Silence bothers me. I listen on my computer (when not watching something), in the car, and sometimes when I read. When I go to sleep I set a couple of songs to play. I can sleep without it, but music helps.
>>
Its fun

/thread
>>
>giving an entire medium an individualist utilitarian purpose
the madman
>>
To get the memories of her out of my head
>>
>>65770001

Yup, I feel like music strengthens the emotions that I'm already feeling
>>
I enjoy doing it
>>
>>65769459
Block out noise pollution like birds, cars, etc.
>>
I like to dance and sing along
>>
>>65771786
This to be honest.

>>65769459
Yeah I primarily use it for running or working out.
>>
>>65769459
because i like the way it sounds
>>
>>65769459
because i like it more than anything else in the world, being able to explore everything that's out there and building a collection makes me feel like i'm building a part of myself yet it separates me from myself, music helps me forget that i exist, I want to listen to as much music as humanly possible before I die
>>
All the reasons ITT, it's just such an amazing experience. I love hearing all the unusual sounds, rhythms amd melodies that people make. It's so easy to find something new amd dive into it. If I really think about it it's a way to emotionally connect with someone's experiences so outside of your own while still remaining inside of yourself. It's introspective and transcendent at the same time and I can't really think of anything that does that aswell as music does.
>>
Over the years, listening to lots of different sorts of music has been a kind of addiction. I'm a fairly experienced musician, and I still listen more than I practice, write, etc. Being a musician, for me, is a way to constructively channel all my listening and approach it from the other side.
>>
>>65769459
So I don't have to listen to my mom and stepdad fight every night
I also like experiencing new things and since I don't have the money to be able to travel or get out much it helps a lot
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.