[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was this her peak? I think most of us can agree that Volta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Bjork+Vespertine.jpg (68 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
Bjork+Vespertine.jpg
68 KB, 500x493
So was this her peak? I think most of us can agree that Volta and Biophilia are her most least liked works, Vulnicura was a step up but will she ever top pic related and Homogenic?
>>
Vespertine was her artistic peak but Homogenic was her commercial peak.

Vesperinte is a much better record than Homogenic in my opinion.
>>
>>65765912
id say both records are a 10/10. Medulla is a great followup, its just an aqquired taste. Once i got into it i absolutely loved it. Not a fan of volta but i like biophillia.
>>
>>65766158
Volta isn't anything special. I'm not a big fan of Biophilia either but that record has kind of a cult following.

Never really got into Medulla. It's my fault though. The a capella just alienates me.
>>
>>65766234
Not even "condition of the heart"? One of the best bjork songs imo
>>
>>65766158
I like Vespertine and Post more than Homogenic. Homogenic starts of perfectly but I'm not that into the songs after All Neon Like. All Is Full of Love is a great ending though.

Even though Homogenic is not my favorite Björk album, it has my favorite song from her: Jóga.
>>
>>65766280
Triumph of a Heart? Pretty good but I just wish it was made with conventional instrumentation.
>>
>>65766280
I think Homogenic is slightly overrated, I enjoyed Medulla a lot more. My favorite album by her is Post, but her best work is definitely Vespertine.
>>
>>65766367
Post is so fucking good. It was the first Björk album I've listened to and it's still great. I love how diverse it is. Each song is unique.

>>65766343 was meant for >>65766265
>>
>>65766420
Debut was my first, the first time I listened to Venus as a Boy was honestly spiritual. Listening to it again, it doesn't compare to Post or Vespertine, but I still have a big soft spot for it. All of her songs are pretty unique though, even though Volta might not be my favorite album by her, all of her albums are special in their own way. There are none that I truly dislike.
>>
>>65765785
I don't understand this dislike behind Biophilia, it's got that organic sound that Medulla had and the grace of Vespertine. The imagery is also really spot on and can create this unique picture. I love the track Cosmonogamy for that exact reason.

And they say back then our universe
Was an empty sea, until a silver fox
And her cunning mate began to sing
A song that became the world we know

Love it so much
>>
>>65766783
Biophillia is her most relaxing album ever imo. No hate towards it at all. The only weak spot in her discography is volta.
>>
>>65766956
totally agree
>>
homogenic has really weak parts in the second half that tear down the album for me
vespertine is the superior album
>>
>>65766234
Through Biophilia she has become a visual, multimedial and also disciplinary artist. The record itself it's minimalist and dark, with some gorgeous emotional depths, but I’ve understood that judging this concept album only for its music it's an incomplete critique. This is an extraordinary piece of art, perhaps more a modern opera, where Björk and drummer Manu Delago are at their virtuosic best. Biophilia is not just music, it is made by a dazzling audiovisual spectacle that benefits from the full cinematic treatment. And all this combined with her music and her voice is a magical experience. It's a conceptual project with emphasis on live multimedia installations, scientific and naturalist thematics, based on the interaction between man and technology. Each song of the record corresponds to a specific application for iPad, designed by her, which is able to change music according to whether or not the meaning / criterion of the song itself. These apps are made by structures which adapt every time for a new form made personally. An intelligent and creative way of bringing out the first world app-album ever released (which got now a place into MoMA). In the song Thunderbolt she used a Tesla Coil in order to work as a tool in the background, which creates notes and lightning at the time; during live you can see it on the stage. In this project were used original special instruments, such as the Hang, the Sharpsichord, the Gameleste, the Gravity Harp, all invented on purpose for this occasion (except the hang). However, the album is enigmatic but at the same time her most minimalistic one, but I reiterate that Biophilia is a totally different experience if connected to its intense live performance.
>>
biophilia was good though
>>
File: 2013-06-27 12.19.03.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-27 12.19.03.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>65765785
not much of a peak
you can only do so many """"sexy metaphors""" in the same voice :(
>>
File: Björk - Hidden Place 03.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Björk - Hidden Place 03.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>
Homogenic has some classic tracks on it but Vespertine is the better album IMO.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.