[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i stupid or are some of David Bowie's songs aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: david-bowie.jpg (85 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
david-bowie.jpg
85 KB, 1366x768
Am i stupid or are some of David Bowie's songs aren't supposed to make sense?
>>
YOU CAN'T SAY NO
>>
>>65765186
Songs are supposed to make sense?
>>
David Bauhaus aren't supposed to make sense
>>
>>65765209
in the lyrics i mean
>>
one of his albums is called 'stop making sense' ya dingus
>>
>>65765232
Lyrics are supposed to make sense?
>>
>>65765186
you should post the lyrics in question with "what did he mean by this?" and i can explain it to you
>>
>>65765245
this so much
>>
>>65765186
some aren't
>>
>>65765186
Why was his left eye always more dilated than his right?
>>
>>65766128
he got punched in the head when he was like 16
>>
>>65766128
LSD
>>
Not all art makes sense. I don't completely understand what a Fellini movie or James Joyce book means, I don't think they even really understand it.
>>
>>65765232
>>65765209
>>65765186
most artists as far as I know don't write songs that have one specific meaning
>>
>>65765186
Why not both?
>>
He championed a style of writing that randomly assorts scraps of paper with words on them.

It's a wonder you can even extract any sense from them
>>
as far as i know reading various interviews with him, he seemed to write a some whole songs without any lyrics in mind, and then just write what he thought sounded good with it, which is why he often wrote sentences with odd structures or lines that didn't fit the previous?
that's as far as I can tell, but it may not be fact
>>
>>65768903
>He championed a style of writing that randomly assorts scraps of paper with words on them

no he said he only did this for a few songs
>>
>>65766128
He did it as a way to promote his commercial career.
>>
File: Artist_Unknown_025[1].jpg (153 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Artist_Unknown_025[1].jpg
153 KB, 1024x768
>>65768903
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.