[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Albums ahead of their time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
ITT: Albums ahead of their time
>>
>>
File: Yasuaki-Shimizu-commercials.jpg (159 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
Yasuaki-Shimizu-commercials.jpg
159 KB, 600x594
this is just a vaporware album released in 1987
>>
>>65755082
this is bizzare
>>
>Scott Walker
>ahead of his time
Scott 3 was after Frank Zappa
after Captain Beefheart
after Piper at the Gates of Dawn
after White Light/White Heat

And he was writing music with the aesthetics of 50's pop music and 50's/60's classical
>>
>>65754641
I was unironically gonna post this
>>
File: A74-D-front-250.jpg (88 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A74-D-front-250.jpg
88 KB, 250x250
>>65754603
To my knowledge they were the first to use static white noise as a snare sound
>>
>>65756181
>>65756181

I'm not the one that posted it, but that's a huge oversimplification. His baroque arrangements were fairly ahead of their time and became hugely influential in the baroque pop and musical circles. Don't be a faggot. You listed literally the most entry level shit to refute him. Next time attempt something mildly unknown.

>Pink Floyd
>Zappa
>Beefheart
>Velvet Underground

This shit is the "I just got into music" starter pack
>>
>>65757259
>>This shit is the "I just got into music" starter pack
>entry level shit
not him but there's nothing wrong with either of those things. you seem really fucking mad that someone is proving to you that a musician you think it's innovative isn't that innovative

also scott walker is just as if not more entry level than zappa and tvu, but again thats an irrelevant point that people who know they've lost an argument go to when they have nothing else to say. i bet you think bish bosch is original too
>>
>>65756181
How can you even compare Scott 3 to any of the albums you listed?
>>
File: liturgy-608x608.jpg (71 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
liturgy-608x608.jpg
71 KB, 608x608
>>
>>65759136
All of them incorporated dissonance and more broad avantgarde concepts into rock before Scott Walker.
>>
File: 41PNDTEKwUL.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41PNDTEKwUL.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (564 KB, 1563x1558) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
564 KB, 1563x1558
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.