[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>george clinton will outlive us all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: George%20Clinton-5.jpg (83 KB, 321x400) Image search: [Google]
George%20Clinton-5.jpg
83 KB, 321x400
>george clinton will outlive us all
>>
>George Clinton, funk legend and founder of Funkadelic and Parliament died of natural causes at the age of 74.

Screen cap this.
This will happen in a week, mark my words.
>>
Of course he will, because he never inhaled the jew plant that one time he got peer pressured by his degenerate friends into smoking
>>
Good. George Clinton belongs in that magical group of well intentioned alien angels

We don't deserve Clinton
>>
>>65749784
Prince, Bowie, and George Clinton all in the same year?

God hates funk comfirmed.
>>
>good music that makes you happy
>can be put on in many social situations and people will like it

ty George <3
>>
File: george-clinton.jpg (37 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
george-clinton.jpg
37 KB, 300x390
I'm fine with this
>>
hell be fine
>>
File: geoge clinton or exuma.jpg (19 KB, 236x362) Image search: [Google]
geoge clinton or exuma.jpg
19 KB, 236x362
>>65749639
He looked a lot like Exuma in his day
>>
>>65749805
So does 99% of /mu/ but that won't stop the shitstorm when Clinton dies of people pretending they loved funk despite every /funk+soul/ general never having more than 8 posters.
>>
I hope all the funk legends outlive me. George, Bootsy, Sly, Betty Davis...
>>
>>65749961
self fulfilling prophecy

nobody posts in funk threads so people who like funk don't come here
>>
>>65749961
>>65749987
I've tried starting and posting funk and soul threads and they never get any attention. We can have a million threads about pet sounds, but literally none about anything that was going on on motown records? baka
>>
>>65749987
Yet, should Clinton die next week the whole of /mu/ will be lifelong funk fans who always listened to Clinton, honest!
>>
>>65750043
How can you even be a hipster about funk
>>
>>65750043
probably. i like clinton and pfunk, but that's about it. it's not my "main" genre so i haven't explored it too much
>>
>>65750091
There's so much great stuff. It's precursor, psychedelic soul is fantastic as well.
>>
>>65750110
>Psychedelic Soul
This sounds cool as fuck. Recs?
>>
>>65750144
Off the top of my head, the Undisputed Truth's first few albums are great. The Temptations dabled in it for a bit as well (psychedelic shack is fun). Sly And The Family Stone is known for playing psychedelic soul but I'm more a fan of their funkier stuff.
>>
>>65749784
:( plz no
>>
>>65750144
Curtis Mayfield, early Stevie Wonder
>>
>>65749961
>despite every /funk+soul/ general never having more than 8 posters

last one was went pretty well in that regard, with 20ish different posters
>>
>>65749639
Who is this? And why should I care? What genre does it play?
>>
>>65750857
I had one turn out well a few weeks ago too. Someone posted a bunch of introductory shares to get people into the genre. It was great. All of the others since then (that I've seen) have been small
>>
>>65750879
It's George Clinton, of Parliament-Funkadelc fame. Known for pioneering P-funk and just being the best.
>>
>>65750879
it's nobody, you don't have to care and it's not your cup of tea
>>
>>65749794
Do you know how much LSD this man has taken?
>>
>>65749965
James Brown, though :(
>>
>>65750891
>funk

pure trash who cares?
>>
>>65750982
without george clinton, dre and all the people he influenced wouldn't exist as they are now
>>
>>65750982
Why don't you stick to your white boy indie rock records and leave the funk threads for the grownups? :)
>>
>>65749784
hell be fine
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.