[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Where do you currently work? >tfw just got a job at Long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>Where do you currently work?
>tfw just got a job at Long & McQuade, a Canadian musical instruments store. My department is Synth and Audio.

>Do they allow you to play your music?
Haven't started yet. My previous job did though.
>>
>>65748038
play your music? what do you mean by such a vague and inexact statement
>>
>>65748067
Can you literately play your music whilst working? May it be through headphones, or over store speakers.
>>
I work at Microsoft in Software License Analytics. If you're an IT manager and you're getting SAM audited by Microsoft, I am the guy that's reading you're spreadsheet.

My job is great. It is a cross between data entry and doing the mental equivalent of sudoku. I get to listen to music all day.

Also I get to read interesting internal stuff about some very very dodgy companies.
>>
>>65748136
oh, well anyway. you own any synths?
>>
>>Where do you currently work?
At a CPA firm doing tax compliance and planning for real estate partnerships and high net worth individuals

>>Do they allow you to play your music?
I can listen to whatever the I want as long as I have headphones in. Music is only good for the more mindless parts of the job, if I'm trying to do tax research or something I can't focus well enough if I'm listening to music.
>>
>>65748172
I sold my microKORG XL (awful synth) and I'm getting a Mother-32 and possibly some Doepfer OSCs.
>>
>>65748038
Is long and McQuade a chain? If not I think we live in the same town
>>
>>65748600
ok. do you produce music or mainly play live?
>>
>>65748631
70 locations in Canada. I'm in Sask.
>>
>>65748832
Produce, but I may play live eventually. I've had offers, I just don't do it.
>>
>>65749129
cool. you use a mac or pc? i wanted to get into producing but didn't know if I should get a super fast powerful desktop I built myself or a macbook pro
>>
>>65749196
PC. I'm debating OSX.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.