[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Why was this allowed?
>>
Y Not
>>
>>65744367
................its literally just noise though
>>
>>65744387
its not just noise and who cares if it is. its beautiful.
>>
>>65744387
>it's just noise

Literal normie arguments
>>
1) it was a miracle

2) it wasn't Britain

3) probably Angels
>>
>>65744337
because it's good
>>
ornette coleman is objectively the most conceptually advanced musician since bach. the abolition of established harmony/form is something literally had never been done before. he was a gneius on the level of anyone throughout history. if u wanna argue then lets do this but i got my masters from Juilliard.
>>
>>65744337
Generally the reasoning in most modern civilizations is that if your actions don't hurt or impede anyone else then they are allowed.

Does that album hurt or impede anyone?
>>
>>65745034
>Generally the reasoning in most modern civilizations is that if your actions don't hurt or impede anyone else then they are allowed.
Why are drugs and prostitution are still illegal then?
>>
>>65745028
>the abolition of established harmony/form is something literally had never been done before

But what about the recordings made by Lennie Tristano 10 years before Ornette's that abolishes the established harmony/form? What about those by Chico Hamilton and Stan Kenton that also pre-dated Ornette Coleman's?
>>
>>65744387
>its literally just noise though
tell me where the line is drawn between what's noise and what's music. oh wait you can't so fuck off
>>
>>65745028
>the abolition of established harmony/form is something literally had never been done before

Do niggers seriously just know nothing about music?
>>
>>65744387
Honestly dude, go fuck yourself.
>>
File: russolo.gif (45 KB, 200x290) Image search: [Google]
russolo.gif
45 KB, 200x290
>>65745028
>>
>>65745092
ahhhhh, nice. as well as the mingus bootlegs and the interviews of people discussing a free-er openish style of jazz music that pre-dated ornette's recordings. sure, you can make this argument and i can't say that ur wrong but from what ive heard yeah they do tamper with the harmony and form, other musicians were also working with this concept i would say ornette was the first one to break through. by breaking through i mean he saw what could be done with this concept and made the first serious record of it. like i said, technically u are right but neither of those recordings show a complete disestablishment of form and harmony.
>>
>jazzman makes horrible musical mistakes
>calls it improv
>everyone lets it slide
>>
File: ornette-coleman-quotes-523.png (8 KB, 488x980) Image search: [Google]
ornette-coleman-quotes-523.png
8 KB, 488x980
>jazz """"""""""""""geniuses""""""""""""""
>>
File: GG.png (406 KB, 1600x2200) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
406 KB, 1600x2200
is this a thinly disguised GG b8 thread???
>>
>>65745264
by that quote he means that when he realized that you could play free music badly and there was right and wrong in it, that it was something worth pursuing.
>>
>>65745092
lennie tristano sucks though. didn't go nearly far enough imo.
>>
>>65745406
you didn't listen to Descent into the Maelstrom did you?
>>
>>65744405
>>65744509
>>65745135
>>65745165
>>>/rym
>>
>>65745354
Is that idiot a meme now? Arguing himself in circles.

I wonder if he's the same guy who always tries to shut down Scaruffi "the critic is the true artist" threads.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.