[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you all think of Clipping's new EP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
What do you all think of Clipping's new EP?
>>
>>65740138
8/10
>>
>>65740138
when did they get signed to sub pop
>>
Wow, it's like they saw the money store cover and wanted to make it edgier. This band has never had an original thought
>>
really great, glad they aren't afraid to take the music in some new directions. daveed's rapping is razor sharp as always.
>>
>>65740218
>caring more about aesthetics than content
delete your 4chan account
>>
>>65740138
It's clipping bitch
>>
>>65740180
this
>>
it's shit

but i haven't heard it.

Fucking stick with one spelling. Clipping or Clippng. Fuck.
>>
>>65740205
CLPPNG was their first release on Sub Pop, so I'm guessing 2014.
>>
>>65740371
clipping is the band name
CLPPNG is the name of one of their albums.
"clppng" is used for their social accounts because clipping was probably already taken.
>>
7/10
>>
they need to drop the shitty hooks. Daveed is a great rapper but he fucking ruins it by repeating some of the cringiest lines in each song. Also, the gimmicky beats need to get out. It worked well on CLPPNG, I love get up, maybe my favorite song by them, but shooter is so fucking tacky.
>>
>>65740180

this desu
>>
>>65740781

>It's a murder on the outside, everybody inside
>Murder on the outside, everybody inside
>Murder on the outside, everybody inside
>Inside out now, lock n' load, let's ride!
>>
>>65740516

Somebody understands.
>>
>>65741118
catchiest song they've done honestly
i've had that hook in my head since i've first heard it
>>
>>65741222
holy pleb
>>
>>65740262
>It's clipping SKReeEEE
>>
>>65741379
loved that so much
>>
>>65741314
what's wrong with liking a catchy song
>>
>>65741474
this
>>
>>65741474
there's nothing wrong with that, but being catchy and being well written are not mutually exclusive, and from the perspective of a catchy hook, that's a really poorly done one
>>
>>65740516
AUTISTIC THEORY COMING THROUGH:
they've gone on record by saying that none of their songs use first person. They called it clppng because clipping doesn't use I. This theory is further backed up by their remix album, called REMXNG.
>>
>>65741615

That's pretty cool
>>
>>65741509
well if it gets stuck in your head, it does it's job. \
not saying it's the greatest lyric in their discography, but it's just catchy imo
>>
>>65741615
They've outright stated that, it's hardly a theory. This is old news.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.