[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could pick any has been old musician to release an album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
If you could pick any has been old musician to release an album that is just as good as their work when they were in their prime and have it be a massive critical and commercial success, who would it be?

I'd say Bob Dylan but some might say Time Out of Mind and Modern Times might already fit this criteria.
>>
>>65739105
Is modern work isn't really that great. it's just better than the absolute shit he made in the 80s.

It's essentially The Weezer Effect.
>>
>>65739105
Robert Wyatt
o
b
e
r
t
>>
I want a bright eyes album like what they did late 90's early 2thousands
>>
>>65739105
Metallica
>>
>>65739105
David Bowie
>>
>>65739175
Now that would be great..
>>
>>65739105
Pixies. Not that it would be an incredibly valuable contribution, but Indie Cindy left me heartbroken.
>>
>>65740209

Was it really that bad?

I'm kinda scared to listen to itl.
>>
>>65740317
Maybe I was just overhyping it. I was in a huge Pixies phase right when it was released, and even today I admire the great way their old songs are both lean and interesting; agressive and joyfull.

Anyway, some of the songs of that album are kinda allright, and sound like some of their b-sides (Another Toe in the Ocean) but some others are just straight out boring buttrock (What Goes Boom, Bagaboy). So, yeah, not the worst album ever but very dissapointing.
>>
>>65739105
Steely Dan
>>
>>65740076
This man.
>>
File: kozelek019b.jpg (524 KB, 800x797) Image search: [Google]
kozelek019b.jpg
524 KB, 800x797
>>
What is jacobvandrekraken, god? -correct
>>
Closest I can think of is Kate Bush but her recent stuff is still pretty good even if there's large gaps between releases. Maybe Andy Partridge from XTC, though I'd want something like XTC as I haven't heard his solo work.

>>65740607 is a good answer too as I haven't found anything in slowcore as good as the first couple RHP albums.
>>
>>65740475
What Goes Boom is the only song on that album that even sounds like a Pixies song.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.