[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kris(t) A long time ago it all mattered and now it doesn’t.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: kurdt.jpg (71 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
kurdt.jpg
71 KB, 400x300
Kris(t)
A long time ago it all mattered and now it doesn’t. You did a lot for me, sometimes, and mostly you’ve done less than nothing.As for now, NIRVANA is an embarrassment, my soul cant take it. My
body can’t. I am going to start another band - actually I’m going to keep NIRVANA and have others in it. I tried to tell you this twice now but you’re
too drunk, fucked up, judgemental and in denial to even hear. So I’ll be blunt. It’s over. You’ll always be rich and you deserve it for the
time you spent. But that’s as far as it goes. For years I had to shut up and listen to your opinions about my songs, my ideas, my band. I wasn’t put here to please you or Buzz or fuckin Calvin Johnson. I’ve learned to hate the idea of this band with you and Dave. Obviously you guys will call lawyers, with his greed but it’s over. I have told our lawyers and managers. It’s my band and as hard as this is to do. I have to do it.
You won’t miss my smelly crust or old man urine. I am officially stating on record, for the last time: you’re fired, Daves fired and I’m firing myself from this nightmare and starting over with others.
>>
>>65736265
>I am officially stating on record, for the last time: you’re fired, Daves fired and I’m firing myself from this nightmare and starting over with others.
>goes on to continue playing with them
Yeah he doesn't sound like a bi-polar heroin addict at all
>>
>>65736265
Source?
>>
File: utffN68.jpg (793 KB, 1712x2281) Image search: [Google]
utffN68.jpg
793 KB, 1712x2281
>>65736316
It's apparently an unsent letter he wrote in 93 or 94.

Not OP btw
>>
>>65736407
It would certainly make sense.

He spoke multiple times about wanting to quit his band and join Hole.

Krist was retarded in his drunken stupor, if Everett True 's biography is to be believed.
>>
>>65736574
>Krist was retarded in his drunken stupor
But remember Kurt was retarded in his heroin stupor as well.

If anything, you should believe that two factions emerged in 1993-- Kurt & Courtney and their entourage (aka the Heroin Crew) and Dave & Krist (the drunks). Courtney was probably feeding Kurt this shit "Oh you don't need them..."
>>
So we're interested in a junkie's ramblings why exactly?
>>
File: meme hair.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
meme hair.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
personally I believe based Buzz as far as Cobain is concerned

>For instance, I know the whole “I tried to fuck a fat retard” story is complete bullshit. Not even an inkling of truth. That’s too good a story to have gone this long without me hearing about it, especially if, as he suggests, the girl’s father freaked out about it at the high school. In that small-town shit-hole, exciting news of that nature would have been common knowledge before the sun set. It never happened. And the trying-to-kill-himself-on-the-train-tracks story is bullshit as well. It never happened either. There it is, though, told in a recording of Kurt’s own voice so it must be true…right? Wrong.

>Kurt also told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with his stomach. He made it up for sympathy and so he could use it as an excuse to stay loaded. Of course he was vomiting — that’s what people on heroin do, they vomit. It’s called “vomiting with a smile on your face.”

>At least they spared us the horrendously overblown tale of him living under a bridge in Aberdeen. Another bullshit story. As far as I know, Kurt never set foot under any bridge in that town, let alone lived under one. That whole idea is romanticized crazy-talk for glassy-eyed, stoned teenagers and pathetic, middle-aged, rock & roll morons.
>>
>>65736856
Because the junky wrote an anthem for his generation
>>65736880
He's really not a credible source either.
>>
>>65736711
Oh, I get it. You don't have knowledge of Kurt and Courtney.
>>
File: tumblr_lr6f7d9Ajk1qbqb1do1_500.jpg (169 KB, 500x691) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lr6f7d9Ajk1qbqb1do1_500.jpg
169 KB, 500x691
>>65736894

He mainly wrote whiny mainstream stadium rock packaged in a grungey foil masquerade. If you're going for musical integrity, isn't pic related the junkie we should be interested in?

Protip: he's not because he isn't dead.
>>
>>65736880
Most of that is common knowledge.

His stomach is not, however.
>>
>>65737002
Looks like you have no knowledge of Buzz
>>65737040
pic unrelated
>>
>>65736880
Courtney also called bullshit on the bridge story, as well as the suicide and encounter with an "illiterate" girl.
>>
>>65737079
>shitty comment instead of a counterargument

Seems like I forgot what fanbase I was dealing with here.
>>
>>65737214
Ooops you meant to quote >>65737040
Sorry about that!
>>
>>65736711
This. After seeing that footage of Kurt and Courtney in the documentary that came out last year it became apparent Kurt was a pretty fucked up dude and that Courtney was doing him no good.

Kurt seemed like the type of guy who would get fucking pissed if someone tried to tell him to get help or to back off of the drugs.
>>
>>65736265
Reading this makes me happier he killed himself.

Then again though, he never sent the letter and he was actually planning to divorce Courtney so I guess Kurt made the right decision after all. As far as band issues go anyway.

Sounds like Krist could be a dick though. I remember reading an interview where Kurt said he was always worried about Krist judging him or not liking his sense of humor. Sounds like a pretty bad dynamic. I would think Krist would have learned his place considering Kurt was the only reason he was successful at all.

As much as it would have sucked it's true that Dave and Krist were extremely replaceable. The songs would still have been great.
>>
File: image.jpg (426 KB, 634x944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426 KB, 634x944
>>65737040
>integrity
>>
>>65736574
>implying Kurt wasn't retarded in his drugged up stupors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6DShBS6SsY
>>
Damn, didn't know about this, despite I consider myself a Nirvana fan.

It appears to me that ALL Nirvana members and Courtney had lots of skeletons in their closets. I admit that as much I like Kurt, he still was in too deep with heroin and was on the edge of ODing/going nuts in '94 already. Heroin took Layne too…
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFPuS1o9d0
>>
>>65740059
this guy is possibly the most colossal faggot in human history tbf, I seriously hope you take his ravings with a pinch of salt
>>
>>65740092
just because he's pretentious doesnt mean he's wrong
>>
>>65736265
"it's my band"

I can't explain why this mindset bothers the fuck out of me but it does.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.