[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: your favorite Bowie album. I'll start. tie between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Bowie Christiane F.jpg (165 KB, 1120x630) Image search: [Google]
Bowie Christiane F.jpg
165 KB, 1120x630
ITT: your favorite Bowie album.
I'll start. tie between Hunky Dory and Scary Monsters
>>
>>65728811

If I'm being honest Diamond dogs or the rise and fall, favorite song is probably quicksand though so I should say hunky dory. However on /mu/ my answer would be something obscure like the shadowman outtakes.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
bump to see how much hate I get for liking Scary Monsters so much
also this album was okay.
>>
>>65728811
Stattion to Station and Heroes are tied
>>
>>65728850
Scary monsters is great , why would you get hate
>>
>i'll start by completely failing to answer my own question
>>
Tie between Low and Station to Station, with Hunky Dory and Ziggy close behind.
>>
>>65728842
Diamond Dogs is fucking great album. For some reason I never warmed to rise and fall nearly as much as everyone else seems to have
also interesting about quicksand that's not one of my favorites from Hunky Dory honestly, but just because that's your favorite song doesn't mean you should say that. Space Oddity is top three songs for me but the album is not even top 5 for me.
>>
>>65728863
80s Bowie is shite for most people. I think Let's Dance is a good album, Modern Love is a fantastic track.
>>65728867
I'm sorry I can't choose between my two favorite Bowie styles (which are very fucking different)
no one else seems to be able to narrow it down to one either
>>
>>65728852
powerful albums. I've always wanted to put these on an acid playlist. I dropped a couple tabs of 25i-NBOME to Scary Monsters on repeat once, shit was evil but incredible. Right around Halloween and I climbed in the tub with the door shut and the light off and all I saw were skulls flying at me in rainbow colors. Ended up drinking too much wine cuz it was so evil and killing the trip and just giggling for a few hours.
>>
>>65728842
>>65728852
>>65728874
I actually consider it somewhat unfortunate that Young Americans gets forgotten betwixt Diamond Dogs and Station to Station, even if it did pretty well when it came out. Something about Bowie's bitter, almost soulless presentation of soul music is haunting. And of course he was sexy as fuck in that period.
>>
https://youtu.be/m9OIrJQIn2Q
being asked to lipsync to the album cut is the icing on the cake. course they might have done that to him cause he's clearly a little strung out and weird
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.