[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this their peak? I know they got more experimental and sophisticated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1220x1220
Is this their peak? I know they got more experimental and sophisticated with Revolver, the White Album and the like, but this is just so lovely and comfy. Arguably the perfect folk-pop album.

Also Beatles general.
>>
File: tambourine.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tambourine.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
best folk-rock album
>>
>>65713870
I'd call it the most comfy album by far, all depends on what element of their sound is the one peaking.

For peak comfy, can't beat Rubber Soul
>>
it's somehow the warmest beatles album but also feels like an autumn album
>>
outside of Sgt Peppers and MMT, they're unbelievably bland desu
>>
>>65713870

>Also Beatles general

you forgot
>, I guess
>>
>>65713942
Its the first as well
>>
>>65715182
weren't the beau brummels folk rock too? iirc they had an album out in late 64
>>
>>65715229
im not aware of it, but Folk Rock's first use by the media was in respect to Mr. Tambourine Man. The actual sound of folk rock probably existed before the Byrds as you say the Mr. Tambourine man is regarded as the birth of the folk rock genre (through its relative popularity probably)
>>
>>65715330
*The first use of the term "folk rock" i mean...
>>
>>65715330
yeah i knew it was the metaphorical birth of the genre
or at least it and bringing it all back home, which i've never been able to get into
>>
>>65713870
>lovely
>you better run for your life if you can little girl
>>
File: beatles-white-album.jpg (37 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
beatles-white-album.jpg
37 KB, 840x840
Rubber Souls is their most comfy, and probably near the peak of their pop-songwriting ability, but overall, this is their best (imo)

I love when bands pull off a technically non-cohesive album so well. So many styles and experimentation but it all works so well together.
>>
>>65715425
the lyrics don't change the fact that the song sounds like scooby doo chase music
>>
>>65715560
>mfw it's literally the monkees
>>
>>65714947
This.

I also feel like it's very distinctly "European" sounding.
>>
>>65715719
>I'm Looking Through You
>>
>>65713942
>naming your entire album after someone else's song
>worst part is that their version is not even close to being as good as the original

>>65715182
Bringing It All Back Home definitely counts as folk rock, the first side anyway.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.