[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fingertip pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: guitar-slider.jpg (79 KB, 1280x940) Image search: [Google]
guitar-slider.jpg
79 KB, 1280x940
Sup /mu/.

I only posted once here months ago. Not even a lurker.

Years ago i began playing the guitar. Dropped it, picked it again today. Its 4am and i live with my parents so i decided to quit it after like 20 minutes, however i had this very sharp pinprick-like pain in my fingertip of my index finger of my left hand. This kind of pain was one of the reasons why i didn't play the guitar too much a long time ago. At first i thought it was just my skin not being rough enough, but this pain was not at the start of me picking the guitar, but rather after around 2 years of very light practice (i wasn't one to practice or study).

Now, i know i might just have my skin kinda soft and pressed the strings too hard, but once i remember this kind of pain remained for an entire week, and the pain makes it annoying to even press a single key on the keyboard as i write this. Do i have some kind of issue? Is this normal or what?

I dropped playing it mostly because i didn't felt any connection with the music when i was playing it, also. I didn't felt happy playing the guitar, but now i kinda did, and i would be really sad that now that i began liking the instrument once again i will find myself difficult to start doing it again.
>>
>>65700290
go get in your containment thread >>65700305
>>
>>65700575
I want actual answers and not get a small post to get ignored. I genuinely want to know this from the standpoint of other people who play the guitar, if i dont find an answer here i will have to talk with a medic.
>>
So your fingies hurt? Keep playing and stop being a pussy. They stop hurting eventually
>>
>>65700767
Pls read whole thread & then post pls.
>>
File: 1464911484609.jpg (331 KB, 628x387) Image search: [Google]
1464911484609.jpg
331 KB, 628x387
You're going to get a lot more relevant advice from /gg/, the guitar general thread. There's one up 24/7
>>
if you keep playing, you'll grow calluses
>>
>>65700748
we don't need you clogging up the catalog with your inane dadrock questions

now go get in your containment thread >>65700305
>>
>thinking playing the guitar is painful

Try playing a drum set you fucking homo
>>
>>65700790
I did, it literally says "my fingers hurt from playing the guitar. Is that normal?".

Yes
>>
>>65700290
delete this thread you fucking idiot
>>
File: squishy fingers.gif (288 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
squishy fingers.gif
288 KB, 360x270
>>65700290
yes it is normal. just keep on practicing and your fingers will callous. If you only practice here and there, though, they probably will not. You should practice regularly. It will hurt at first, but later it will be better.
>>
>>65700811
As a multi instrumentalist, I'd say they're equally painful
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>65700833
For you.
>>
>>65700813
>my fingers began hurting years after playing the guitar.
>>65700830

Yeah, but i already had that kind of pain and callous before. I am worried because this kind of shit i almost think its nerve-ending related. Only hurts when i press my finger, and it hurts REALLY sharp.
>>
File: 796.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
796.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>65700887
Ah, I see now. You're pretending to ask a question abut nerve damage on a music board so you're actually just baiting for replies. Enjoy the rest of the brain-dead (you)s I guess.

Sage.
>>
They stop hurting so much within maybe a month of constant practice, stop being such a pussy
>>
File: 1465591919566.jpg (8 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1465591919566.jpg
8 KB, 255x220
>>65701450
k
>>
>>65700575
>>65700810
why don't you go to your containment website
>>>/r/eddit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.