[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Bright Eyes' I'm Wide Awake,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.jpg (34 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning.jpg
34 KB, 325x325
What do you guys think of Bright Eyes' I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning?

I really enjoyed it. I wish I heard about it sooner.
>>
wasn't E L L I O T T S M I T H D E A D !?
>>
>>65695082
bad for a developing thirteen year old brain
I am now a pussy
>>
>>65695124
We all are, anon. We all are.
>>
I never really got the appeal for Bright Eyes, I think it's because I really can't stand Conor Oberst's voice, it's too fragile.
>>
File: johnny5l_zps5d10fa2d.jpg (363 KB, 800x706) Image search: [Google]
johnny5l_zps5d10fa2d.jpg
363 KB, 800x706
>>65695082
i miss bright eyes

i used to have the discography but my ex took it
>>
File: cover.jpg (484 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
484 KB, 1425x1425
>>65695082
really wonderful albums, manages to show that there is always a brighter side to sad things.

Lyricism is top notch too, albeit simple, but in all honesty the simplicity of them is what makes them so memorable.

Also, First Day of My Life is one of my favorite songs ever made.

>>65695200
That was some of the appeal for me, that despite sounding so fragile, so weak, he sings about looking more towards the positive aspects of life.
>>
>>65695200
I can see why someone would feel that way. In my opinion, it adds character to Bright Eyes' sound.
>>
>>65695082
I give myself three days to feel better
Or else I swear I'll drive right off a fucking cliff
'cause if I can't learn to make myself feel better
How can I expect anyone else to give a shit?
cry eretim
>>
>>65695124
kek

still love bright eyes and this album OP. in the fall of my junior year of high school i wouldnt have a class until 9 but instead of going to school late i would just take the bus in and then leave from the school (my high school was about 5-10 minutes walking from my towns downtown area) and i would just walk around my town listening to this album and watch the town literally start to wake up. i lived about an hour train ride from nyc so it was a huge town for commuters and i would pass by them all on my walk. most days i would walk entirely through town and then walk back to this giant hill behind the schools, get to the top, take a mental note of the towns progression into autumn, and then drift of into sleep.the hill was so tall i could see miles and miles over the town damn.
cant listen to lua tho. layed in silence with a girl who put this song on and its too strong a memory
>>
i like this album, but after listening to it a lot in early high school i almost never come back to it. part of it is one of my exes obsessively associated "first day of my life" with me and its truly embarrassing to hear that song now. it's really solid as an album, though, like there are almost no outright skippable songs on it
>>
>We're going to a party, it's a birthday party. It's your birthday party! Happy birthday, darling!
>>
>>65696540
lmao if i could remove that and the sound of him drinking from that song id do it in a second
>>
>>65696540
I love the way this album starts. Best song on it too
>>
>>65696146
I have purposely never played Lua in front of a girl for this very reason.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.