[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What (and who) is the musical equivalent of South Park?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: The Familysimpparkburgers.jpg (51 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
The Familysimpparkburgers.jpg
51 KB, 480x360
What (and who) is the musical equivalent of South Park?
>>
>>65686503
Les Claypool
>>
Les Claypool
>>
Primus
>>
I don't think there is one, that would require something to be consistently not shit for over 2 decades...
>>
Death Grips
>>
That guy who played bass in that new Death Grips song.
>>
Ces Laypool
>>
File: les claypool.jpg (71 KB, 316x366) Image search: [Google]
les claypool.jpg
71 KB, 316x366
>>
>>65686542
>not shit for over 2 decades
>staying relevant by being edgy and pandering towards the alt-right

Right...
>>
>>65686576
are you stupid
>>
>>65686576
>tfw its been 15 years since they were being edgy and pandering to neocons
>>
>>65686576
Why do you think they call it the alt-RIGHT? Because they are always correct and use facts. Sorry if you're so upset over this that you find it edgy.
>>
>>65686576

>muh alt-right
>muh sjw
>>
Then: Primus
Now: Billy Corgan
>>
>>65686503
Zappa.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 493x298) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 493x298
>>65686503
Frank Zappa
>>
>reached commercial peak in the 90s
>fans are all 12 years old
>nowadays is a complete has been joke
>talks about how much it hates SJWs

Billy Corgan
>>
>>65686576
liberals love South Park maine
>>
>>65686909
No they dont, they wanted to cancel the show since day 1
>>
The right answer hasn't been given yet.
I don't know what the right answer is, but these are not it.
Really think, people. The Residents are the music version of Tim and Eric. Who really captures the feeling of South Park?
>>
>>65686955
>it's a "the god squad/think of le children/moral majority types are actually liberals/not muh real conservatives" episode
>>
>>65686955
South Park has a lot of left-leaning social commentary. It looks like it just went over your head.
>>
>>65686791
>>65686832
/thread
>>
>>65686881
South Park isn't even bad these days, it's well past its prime, but decent episodes still come out.
>>
>>65687011
>>65687059
Then why did the last season shit on them? Plus Liberals were petitioning to take down that trans episode.
>>
>>65686881
The world....
>>
>>65687095
>Then why did the last season shit on them?

South Park has always shit on liberals, see that rainforest episode and countless other episodes.
>>
File: Image.jpg (81 KB, 960x692) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
81 KB, 960x692
>>65686707
>yfw
>>
>>65687095
That episode was very pro-trans episode and was really well received by everyone that isn't a teenager. I mean they even got Sia to sing the song.

Did you see last seasons finale? PC Principle was the hero and the overall message was be nicer to each other.
>>
>>65686576
Every single liberal I know adores South Park
>>
>>65686707
because saying white supremacists scares away recruits
>>
>>65687095
m8 south park shits on everyone, it has many episodes shitting on liberals and just as many shitting on conservatives, in fact im fucking sure that both Tray and Matt are liberals. It's one of the most loved shows on reddit, that alone should tell you liberals love it.
>>
>>65687095
South Park shits on everybody
>>
Ween
>>
>>65686767
YES. This is perfect.
>>
>>65686542
Radiohead?
>>
>>65687188
>PC Principle was the hero and the overall message was be nicer to each other.

Watch it again retard, it never said PC Principle was right, it just said be nicer to each other.
>>
Easy. Late 90s Eminem. Prove me wrong. Flawless skill and delivery, a funny fuck you to society and the industry.
>>
>>65688089
South park is not edgy and stupid like eminem is. and unlike em. south park is still good. while em is going downhill.
>>
>>65687251
this. We're not Nazi's, but we appreciate Nietzsche
>>
>>65686503
Pink Floyd?

No, think about it..
it's the way the deliver criticism ..or everythink else really
>>
>>65686503
Muse
>>
though i doubt floyd had anything to do with religion. On the other hand southpark did seem to accept some aspects of it.
>>
>>65686542
dude this last season was underwhelming though
>>
>>65688335
>while em is going downhill.
he literally said late 90s Eminem specifically
>>
I miss when South Park did episodes that were actually about the boys getting into crazy misadventures that DIDN'T have some big message/reference/connection to whatever was in the news four days ago.

We never get episodes like Scott Tenorman Must Die or Cartman Sucks anymore because Matt and Trey have become so obsessed with politics that it's all they ever make episodes about.

And yes I know people are gonna be like "hurr South Park has always been political" and that's true but it used to be just for shits and giggles, it wasn't so heavy-handed, you can tell that with the last few seasons Matt and Trey are clearly trying to make big statements and be like "THIS is what's right and if you disagree you are STUPID and we're going to show a strawman of you getting beaten up or murdered" or whatever.

I feel like Matt and Trey seem to think they have become these cultural curators or something, and I get why people like that but it's not the South Park I loved growing up.
>>
>>65686503
>King Missle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfa56tjBQo
The satire is far more obsure than South Park though
>>
>>65689108
>King Missle
Oh fuck yes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeDLzTObXFY
>>
>>65686503
Mac Demarco
>>
Anal Cunt
>>
You are all wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYrJS3hLbw
>>
>>65688556
>>
>>65689584
Can't believe it took so long for someone to post this.
>>
>>65686707
stop dude. you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>65686707

Gentlemen please,

Liberals love southpark because liberals love being Shit ON!
>>
>>65686909
In my experience, South Park seems to be loved by all, leftist liberals and the die hard right. Only the power of Matt Stone and Trey Parker can pull off such a thing.
>>
File: absolutely digusting.png (213 KB, 289x356) Image search: [Google]
absolutely digusting.png
213 KB, 289x356
>The mental retards on this board think that South Park is leaning more towards either the right or the left
>the mental retards on this board think South Park cares for pandering towards anyone
>the mental retards on this board think that mocking the extremist of a group means backing these of the opposite group

Everyday I just get more sure that everyone here is 15
>>
>>65688335
>South park is not edgy and stupid
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.