[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Chiptune bands, and the genre in general? Anamanaguchi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Dawn_Metropolis.png (141 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dawn_Metropolis.png
141 KB, 500x500
Thoughts on Chiptune bands, and the genre in general?

Anamanaguchi for the most part, this album was ok and Endless Fantasy was too long for my liking
>>
I do like Anamanaguchi but good lord the fanbase is cancerous
>>
>>65683698
Agreed, good music, shit fan base
>>
>>65683573
i love anamanaguchi.

imo if you wanna hear an amazing album to come out of the chiptune scene, check out http://infinityshred.bandcamp.com/album/future-towards-the-edge-of-forever
>>
>>65683698
>>65683763
You guys are fans so yeah
>>
File: EndlessFantasy.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
EndlessFantasy.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>65683794
thoughts on Endless Fantasy?
>>
File: MathTheBand-Confetti-162[1].jpg (563 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
MathTheBand-Confetti-162[1].jpg
563 KB, 1000x665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODhTJwebz8
>math the band
>>
na dude
>>
Japanese still do some alright stuff, if your ok with Japanese stuff.
https://soundcloud.com/aoritsu/aori
>>
Endless Fantasy is god tier IMO. Pop It is great too; they're really good at pop.
>>
yeah the genre isn't what it used to be. theres still some good stuff being made, but its really more edm-ish.
>>
http://battleofthebits.bandcamp.com/track/stinkler
>>
>>65683698
>>65683763

At least it's not like LapfoxTrax's fanbase
>>
>>65683698
What's wrong with the fanbase? I'm not super familiar with them. Are they all otakus or something?
>>
File: Computer Savvy.png (851 KB, 1607x1607) Image search: [Google]
Computer Savvy.png
851 KB, 1607x1607
Never seen anyone talk about this.
>>
>>65683573
Endless Fantasy definitely runs pretty long, it's like an hour and 15 minutes total. Fucking great album though, the title track is my personal favorite because I feel it works great as both an album opener and closing song; evokes the "fantasy" thing really well I feel. I usually end up skipping the last track and just replay the first one.
I also really like that there's a version of prom night without vocals.
>>
>>65687269
Teenager otakus, nerds, the type of people who go to Cons, etc
>>
>>65687798
that's pretty great too
>>
File: bossfight.jpg (92 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
bossfight.jpg
92 KB, 700x700
Am I the only one that greatly dislikes bossfight's new style? This album's probably my favorite chiptune/bitpop/whatever album ever, but that new EP feels like a fucking savant album (who's material I mostly don't care for, but I seem to always like his title tracks and that first song from Zion; if only he made more chiptune centered stuff and less wubb wubb)
>>
>>65683573
Anamanaguchi's cool, but I kinda miss their earlier style like from the OP or power supply (might have just been lower production values but still..) which seemed almost entirely missing from endless fantasy.
This actually seems to be happening with a few chiptune bands like Bossfight and Dunderpatrullen (though in the case of DP I'm actually enjoying the newer stuff, pic related is amazing)
>>
File: cover.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>65683573
This album has a very anamanaguchi-esque chiptune sound, mixed with shoegaze.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.