[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ do you dislike Led Zeppelin just because of the whole 'le
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: presence.jpg (36 KB, 699x691) Image search: [Google]
presence.jpg
36 KB, 699x691
/mu/ do you dislike Led Zeppelin just because of the whole 'le wrong generation' shit?
>>
>>65677980
No. I dislike them because they're generic, cheesy, ripoff merchants
>>
>>65677980
yes, this is the reason most here dislike ZL

same reason most /mu/ kiddies hate the beatles too
>>
Yes, as well as rockists who hate them for """""plagiarizing"""""" traditional blues and folk music.
>>
Whats the matter little man, don't like Zep?
>>
I don't like Classic Rock.
>>
I used to like them but I got bored of all their music, same as most classic rock.
>>
>>65678372
yeah, this, except i still technically like them, i just never really listen to them

achilles last stand i'll spin like once a year and it's great
>>
>>65677980
they get so much hate on /mu/ because of this

even if they're "ripoff merchants" they're all exceptionally talented musicians , which is worth something. drummers have been trying to be john bonham ever since the debut.
>>
>>65677994
This, pretty much. I have no idea why some people are so completely batshit in love with them, they really aren't that good. And Jimmy has less phrasing than (literally could not think of anything bland enough).
>>
>>65678438
/mu/ hates zep for ripping off blues music, but that's sorta what blue music is

likewise, bob dylan doesn't seem to get the same hate for all the folk he's "ripped off"

it's a dumb reason to hate the band
>>
>>65678490
Yeah I mean I can't say much about composition but the 4 of them were pretty much gods at their instruments. Songs are for the most part enjoyable. They were a great band.
>>
>>65679262
Plus they're absolutely amazing live.
>>
I don't hate them and don't like them as much as I used to.
Metal and punk made rock redundant.
>>
>>65677980
The only people who dislike that band are those /r/lewronggeneration leddit people that want to look contrarian.

Also compare to the times on /mu/ now to the years before, the dislike of them really ain't that bad.
>>
>>65678232
you're pulling things out of your ass, you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like the beatles on /mu/ unless they're memeing

plus there's really not a lot of hate for led zep on /mu/ anymore to begin with
>>
>>65679355
>you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like the beatles on /mu/
That's just wrong though. There's definitely a population of people on here who automatically hate "le wrong generation" music. Image matters to a lot of people. Scaruffi copy pasta might seem like shit posting but it's also indicative of a lot of people's opinions about the Beatles.

But yeah, not everyone hates the Beatles here just like not everyone hates Led Zeppelin.
>>
>>65679463
there was a thread literally 3 days ago where people were saying that sgt. peppers was one of the most influential pop records of all time
not to mention the love for beatles side projects in general
i mean, i understand what you're saying
but normally when people outright disregard music like the beatles or zep it's low quality b8
personally i think the solo work that came from the beatles is better than anything put out from the beatles and im not crazy about led zeppelin at all
>>
>>65679518
Sometimes it depends on the time of day/week a thread is posted. I've seen threads about several artists just get shit up with b8 and shit posts and other times when discussion is fairly civil.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.