[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you discover them through /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: SwansBand2.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
Did you discover them through /mu/?
>>
Yeah, what of it?

Probably would've found them anyways from that trailer where they played Lunacy.
>>
File: zwan-4ed7c2b21e751.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zwan-4ed7c2b21e751.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
More like Z W A N S
>>
>>65673363
Top right does it for me.
>>
>>65673154
nah, I discovered them when I heard people at my college talking about swans reforming and me wondering what swans is.
>>
File: drums of passion.jpg (31 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
drums of passion.jpg
31 KB, 400x390
>>65673154
No, I have a cousin, Jerry, who is old as fuck, though he looks 60 at most, it's kind of astounding.

Anyways, one day when I was a teenager, I was rifling through my basement and found a record of pic related. I dug out my moms old old record player, set it up with an old shitty reciever and speakers from the 80's and spun it, and immediately loved it.

One day during a family outing in Boston, I was talking to Jerry about music and told him about Babatunde Olatunji, and it bought him back to the late 60's when I guess Olatunji was really big, and he told me all sorts of stuff. Later he bought me to his place and showed me his big record collection, and we listened to Ummagumma, A Love Supreme, and Bitches Brew. The first time I'd heard any of them. Then he pulled out Filth and told me that this one was a lot more abrasive, and we listened to it.

That's pretty much how I got into music in general. Sorry for the blog post
>>
"yes"
>>
i found them in the trash L O L

nah seriously though i found them through fantano
>>
>>65673295
no you wouldn't have, because a) you don't even remember what the trailer was for (Macbeth) and b) you would have thought it was a "cool trailer with cool sounds."

/mu/ sucks most of the time, but I'll be the first to admit that I've gotten into a lot of music because of it.
>>
File: giratwisted.png (2 MB, 1188x891) Image search: [Google]
giratwisted.png
2 MB, 1188x891
>>65673154
We all did
>>
No, I discovered them in 07 or something when I was a big Neurosis fan and someone recommended Swans to me because of it and I really liked what I heard. I was hyped as hell when I heard about them starting to play again but somehow I haven't really even listened to their new albums. It was really nice to finally see them live though.
>>
Came to /mu/ because I'd heard a lot of the music I liked (including Swans) was discussed on here.
>>
I learned of them on a what.cd post punk collage
>>
I discovered them through the single on Kurt Cobain's favorite albums list. I never looked deep into them until /mu/ though.
>>
no. rym. i was looking for music comparable to Nico's better albums and somebody recommended Children of God.
>>
no i'm not a drone sheep with no taste of my own so i found them on the 1,147th google search result page for "good music".
>>
>>65673154
Neurosis wikipedia page
>>
anyone up that 320/flac glowing man from what yet?
>>
Need a link the one in the archive is dead :(
>>
Anyone who says yes should be banned and /mu/ would be a much better place.
>>
Nah, I learned about them from Fandango. 4chan as well.
>>
File: shoo, xiu.jpg (21 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
shoo, xiu.jpg
21 KB, 500x333
I first heard of them at the end of 2012 through Fantano. He put The Seer real high on his end of the year list, and it stood out to me for some reason, despite never even hearing about them, let alone their music. I think I thought they were "black metal", which back then meant I was thinking of punk. The cover reminded me of some Dio comp I'd seen on my brothers ipod years before. Three and a half years later, I've seen them live thrice and own most of their shit on vinle. Wacky ride, life
>>
No...pretty much the opposite in fact.
>>
No I heard about them on MySpace back in the 2000s as a teen.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.