[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can we expect from Summer NAMM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 10739822_800.jpg (78 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
10739822_800.jpg
78 KB, 800x574
Moar synth technology please. A 61 key 8 voice "korg minilogue" wouldn't hurt ey?
>>
Realistically

>arturia matrixbrute updates
>a proper NuModel D demo
>>
micrologue
>>
I just want a modern affordable ANALOG from Roland

Why don't they do this? It would sell extremely well
>>
>>65666383
>I just want a modern affordable ANALOG from Roland
It's called the Alpha Juno t b h. Six analog voices, chorus, compact, and great midi.
>>
>>65666383
If the Roland boutique series were pure analog but with the same size (maybe a bit bigger cause analog), features and aesthetics, would you still buy them?
>>
>>65666383
just buy a jx3p, you can get one for like $350 and it's actually analog, 2 oscillators per voice unlike the junos. it never became popular because most people are too fucking lazy to learn how to access the editing parameters on it, when it's actually easy as fuck. the best thing about it is it's 61 full size keys but in a super compact design (it fits a modern 49 key case) and despite it being old analog, it's not fragile so you can actually gig with it.

>>65666627
voice count is what's important. if they made the 'boutique' series analog, would it still be only 4 voices? if so, then fuck that. it would be easier to make the current modeling versions have 8 voices, then they would be worth it.

roland doesn't care either way, they're destroying yamaha's reface series, and that's all that matters to them. the only reason why the boutique's are popular is because they're really just modules that you can hook up to any size midi controller, whereas the reface series is stuck to the keyboard so even though you can plug it into other controllers, it still takes up like 3 times the space a boutique does.

as far as NAMM, i doubt behringer will announce whatever synth they're working on yet, probably winter 17 namm. the new batch of cem3340s is interesting and there might be some news regarding that by some manufacturer at summer namm, but maybe not. i don't know if DSI will announce the ob6 desktop module yet or in the winter namm, i think the prophet 6 module was after summer name but before this year's winter namm so who knows.
>>
Speaking of Roland I'll be looking out for an RD800 update. RD800NX maybe?
>>
I wish roland would do a legacy VST collection like korg. Their late 80s stuff sounds great, but not hardware purchase great.
>>
File: IMG_20160517_200812.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_200812.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>65667990
OP here, I actually own a jx3p. A kiwi-3p to be precise. And I love every bit of it. The Kiwi upgrade really brings the synth alive. With 2 envelope sections, unison mode, chorus speed controls and much more. It definitely brings out the jx3p to to maximum capabilities.

Well that's the thing, Im a sucker for playing huge 7th, 9th chords on Synthesizers. Amount of voices are important to me. That's why I was hoping if only minilogue was not minilogue and had 61 full size keys and has 8 voice with let's say a price tag of $700? Thatll be a complete game changer for me.

Im a huge fan of Roland's sound. To me, as digital as the boutique may be, I really don't mind owning all 3 of the series, or maybe just 2 since I already own a jx3p.

But still wondering how badass if minilogue was actually 61 key 8 voice.
>>
>>65668645
this is what i want
>>
>>65670441
nice man. i was thinking about the kiwi upgrade, but i do own a prophet 5 as well so that one is pretty much my studio synth and i use the jx3p for gigs in which i don't do a lot of in performance tweaking of parameters.

it's an interesting time for both digital and analog synths. DSI is killing it in the analog world, but now there's a lot of legit players who are complaining about key configurations across the analog and digital offerings. which is why the boutiques are beating yamaha since the EDM peeps can choose to use a keyboard or go module with the boutique unlike the yamahas. then with DSI, the prophet 6 came out with a module 6 or 8 months after the 49 key config, the OB6 came out in a 49 key config, i'm sure the module will come out in a few months.
>>
>>65667990
I really want a 3P but I can never find one sub-$500 that actually works
>>
>>65671769
Idk where that dude got the figure from. The only time I saw one where it was pretty much that price was at a music store for $550 with the programmer.
>>
This is kinda just a general synth thread now so I'll still post.

How versatile are 303s and 303 clones?
I'm really not into acid/techno at all but I really like the core sound of the 303 and I would love to use it in a less electronic context, like the bass on STGSTV by Animal Collective.

I'm just tempted by the low price of clones like the BassBot and IDK if I want to drop $450+ on a more full-featured analog.
>>
>>65671769
>>65671891
I live in so cal, you can find working jx3ps on craigslist and ebay for under $400, I got mine for $350 after haggling from some dude on craigslist.

no one should bother with the programmer since it usually goes for more than the jx3p itself, plus it makes you a massive lame-o if you can't learn to use the slider for programming, it's actually pretty sweet once you learn the layout (which is printed on the synth itself).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.