[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't /mu/ like nirvana? whats wrong with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: legally cheesy pizza.jpg (191 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
legally cheesy pizza.jpg
191 KB, 900x900
why doesn't /mu/ like nirvana? whats wrong with it?
>>
>>65664107
because /mu/ hates music
>>
ive literally never heared anyone here talk bad about nirvana
>>
File: Front.jpg (833 KB, 1428x1425) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
833 KB, 1428x1425
why doesn't /mu/ like prince? whats wrong with it?
>>
>>65664107
kinda whiny and lame 90s era pseudo-edge. it's angst with a condom over it. kurt had a cool voice though
>>
1. extremely over played in the 90s, very annoyingly popular

2. just mediocre music that was never anything special but somehow became "iconic" and therefore went into an endless cycle of being over played.
>>
>>65664163
Are you 12? Wait, why do I even ask. Fucking summer.
>>
Massively overrated. They were just a case of right band at the right time. Their music was really nothing special.
>>
I kinda like it, but the Pixies influence is very prevalent throughout that entire album
>>
If Cobain didn't off himself, this band would have gone on to be forgotten pretty quickly.
>>
>>65664163
this, and
>>65664233
this.

it's music for children. The music wasn't anything special, it was just popular.
>>
>>65664219
>"you don't like something i like? well then you're fuckin 12 kidd SUMMER"
>>
nirvana are of of those bands who were so obviously good that even normies realised it was good
>>
>>65664219
his criticism was legitimate, yours was "i grew up with this how can you not like it, must be too young"

typical nirvanafag
>>
>>65664107
i like it, i dont consider myself mu tho
>>
he's gay like me xDDDD
>>
>>65664319
I wouldnt say obviously good. Maybe obviously palateable but this is on the right track. It wasn't amazing but it was def not terrible, so normies latch on and people who actually know/care about music didn't mind.
>>
>>65664107
Not even the best album of the 90s
>>
>>65664163
The weird angsty edgy thing I think is what it comes down to. It's almost like you have to be an awkward high schooler to enjoy it.
>>
>>65664389
Not even the best album of 1991.
>>
>all these snobs will never appricciate In Utero
Stay ignorant plebs
>>
>>65664470
there's not much to read into and appreciate. it sounds good, but wanting depth doesn't make someone a snob.
>>
>>65664436
This so much.
Loveless 2bh
>>
>>65664149
Cheesy 80s shite
>>
>>65664672
mbv, slowdive, swans...
>>
i hate the fact that they use the same chord structures over and over again
for example, dumb and smells like teen spirit are literally the same chords, same order
>>
>>65664697
Slowdive is so sexy
>>
>>65664778
proof that there isnt much complexity there despite what people like to pretend
>>
>>65664697
these bands are contrarian trash
>>
Every nirvana fan I've ever met has shit taste in music. Ask them who the pixies, sonic youth, black flag, the melvins or the wipers are and they'll just stare at you blankly then tell you how great blink 182 and guns n roses are. They're always the Rock is real music crowd who think AC/DC is high art, the exist music Kurt cobain was trying to stand against.
>>
>>65664904
i dont know them to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, i know them to make incredible music that happens to be contrary to expectations and norms.
>>
>>65664904

what are you doing on /mu/?
>>
>>65664913
this is so true
>>
>>65664913
this is changing too, possibly for the worse. nirvana is seeing a revival among basic top-40-only types as well. at least this is what I'm seeing where I live.
>>
>>65664140
I unironically think nirvana is overrated and i dont like Kurt corbains voice
>>
im the final authority on what's good and bad music, and i say nirvana is GOAT
>>
>circumcised
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.