[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s opinion on the Flaming Lips? Personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 936full-the-flaming-lips.jpg (102 KB, 901x901) Image search: [Google]
936full-the-flaming-lips.jpg
102 KB, 901x901
What's /mu/'s opinion on the Flaming Lips? Personally I think they're one of the most interesting bands out there. Not the most ocnsistent one, but definitely one that's always worth cheking out.
>>
>>65659266
they fucking suck and wayne coyne is a fag
>>
>>65659266
>Not the most ocnsistent one
Have you only heard three of their albums?
>>
>>65659300
Stop
>>
>>65659266
I feel like the fact that they don't take themselves seriously has gradually become to their detriment, and at this point it might be their sole characteristic.
>>
>>65659266
embryonic is great, yoshimi is good, hit to death is good, priest driven is kinda good and at war with the mystics has some great songs, but is pretty meh, the rest is meh
>>
i really enjoyed the soft bulletin
the rest of their stuff hasn't interested me as much
>>
>>65659266
I've only listened to Yoshimi and it was pretty good, I just haven't had the interest to go through the rest of their discog
>>
>>65659316
suck my dick and juggle my balls
>>
>>65659304
I have listened to most of their stuff, and I'm including their stuff like Pink Floyd and Beatles cover albums as well. The main Flaming Lips stuff is usually great, but they spend too many time with other projects that are not always good.
>>
>>65659357
>zaireeka
>clouds taste metallic
>the terror
>meh
wew lad
>>
>>65659379
13 out 15 albums that are fantastic is consistent though
>>
The worst of the gimmicky light indie pop bands, avoid at al costts
>>
>>65659266
Not counting their cover albums i think they're pretty consistent. Really interested to see how they followup the teror
>>
>>65659455
>gimmicky light indie pop bands

Have you even listened to Embryonic or the Terror?
>>
>>65659509
>light indie pop masquerading as experimental psychedelic "lol dude karen Os a bat" music
yep
its fucking trash
>>
>>65659741
I thought dogs were smart
>>
>>65659817
its obviouslty a bear
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.