[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody peep the new Viet Cong/Preoccupations track? I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160614-062650.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160614-062650.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Anybody peep the new Viet Cong/Preoccupations track? I think it's pretty fucking great, my SOTY so far.
>>
oh yeah shit I forgot they changed their name

lame
>>
oh sweet full frontal
>>
wtf did they get a new singer?
>>
>>65653875
Nah it's still Matt. He's just using a lot more of his low range on this, which he didn't really do on their first album
>>
>>65653745
> I think it's pretty fucking great, my SOTY so far.
song has barely been out for 24 hours. no wonder this board has shit taste.
>>
This is still not post-punk but indie rock with distortion
>>
>>65654079
jesus calm down I've got your SOTY covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyhwfPuaVMo
>>
>>65654116
It's quite obviously post-punk what are you talking about
>>
>>65654150
Cause it sounds like the typical indie rock from the early 2000s but with a little more distortion. Post-punk should be much more dissonant/aggressive in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEToKGfjlmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDHr5r0iIY
>>
I constantly forget the new name they changed to. Such a bad band name, i don't get it
>>
>>65653745
these cowardly kowtowing fags.. were shit before they changed their name and will be worse afterwards.
>>
>>65654261
Viet Cong was a cool band name. It was original. I don't know why they had to change that. "Preoccupations" or whatever they themselves now sounds like every another run of the mill post-punk revival band.
>>
File: 1449209998454[1].jpg (260 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1449209998454[1].jpg
260 KB, 1125x681
>>65654263
>>
>>65654261
eh all their names have been pretty horrible I think but viet cong was the best of them.
>>
>>65654300
>It was original.
maybe in that no one else had ever used it. Otherwise its definitively unoriginal and uncreative.
>>
>>65654304
never seen that one before, is that an original, anonymous?
also board culture fgt.
>>
>>65654316
I thought it was a clever name. I'd rather go see a band named "viet cong" than "preoccupations". Preoccupations sounds boring and formulatic... Which they are, so I guess it's an appropriate name after all.
>>
>nobody posts the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMbqrFT1dM
>>
people boycotted their shows and got them cancelled because of their name
they had to change it they were losing money jfc
Preoccupations isn't a great name but at least they're still a band
>>
At least ripping off This Heat felt kind of fresh, but this new shite has been done so much
>>
>>65654570
>have to generate income to be a band
precious princesses. why not keep the name and fuck the money like real men.
>>
>>65654570
>they had to change it they were losing money
and that's why they suck
>>
>>65654344
I bought a viet cong tshirt after seeing them live but now I just feel edgy inside knowing they dropped the name for being too provocative
>>
>>65654911
i honestly still don't understand why people were upset. they didn't say anything about the vietcong or glorified them or had any political stance they just used the name. what the fuck, why would anyone care unless they are shitlords who are on the lookout for anything to whinge about.
>>
File: 1465569846900.jpg (44 KB, 717x550) Image search: [Google]
1465569846900.jpg
44 KB, 717x550
>>65654960
>unless they are shitlords who are on the lookout for anything to whinge about.

bingo.
>>
>>65654261

reminds me of when The Muslims changed their name to The Soft Pack. how you gonna go change yr name from the fucking muslims to the most bland name in existence, kek
>>
File: Picture-6.png (581 KB, 697x526) Image search: [Google]
Picture-6.png
581 KB, 697x526
>>65654960
Plenty of Vietnamese people have family members that got tortured and killed by Communist and fled Vietnam because of them, shit is still fresh to many of them
>>
File: viola.jpg (40 KB, 485x340) Image search: [Google]
viola.jpg
40 KB, 485x340
>>65654960
your average individual who lived through the regime is most likey not going to give a shit

its the liberal progressive normies have a lot of sway, mostly because they shout down anyone who disagrees with them and its easier to go along with their delusions than suffer the spittle
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.