[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what constitutes good taste in music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
what constitutes good taste in music?
>>
/mu/ core
>>
Whatever is popular among the people you hang out with or want to impress
>>
>>65638510
Sexual behavior
>>
If the CD is in his hand then what is he listening to....?
>>
Musical literacy and authenticity.
>>
listening to the stuff i like

t. literally every /mu/tant
>>
>>65638510
whether you like a persons musical interests or not

i wish mu would quit it with this shit.. music is SUBJECTIVE. there is no RIGHT or WRONG.

it's like trying to tell somebody that they are wrong because their favorite color is red.. jesus christ you mutants are fucking retarded.

taste = preference. it's like you saying caviar sucks and i say wow you're wrong dude caviar is good. fuck you guys are retarded
>>
>>65638510
Diverse and open taste
>>
>>65638678
>he fell for the diversity meme
>>
I don't listen to anything that doesn't get at least an 8.5 from pitchfork and I have very good taste. It's a good rule of thumb if you want to acquire good taste is music yourself, OP.
>>
>>65638719
Exclusively listening to a genre makes you a retard e.g Metalheads
>>
>>65638510
>good taste
>an objective quantification
>music
these do not go together, sir.
>>
Education
>>
>>65638778
Pretending to like all music makes you a retard e.g. you
>>
see here: http://www.last.fm/user/CouldBeWhat
>>
>>65638510
>le taste meme

What's important is having an open mind. Be willing to give anything an honest chance and I'll like and respect you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.