[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to piss off metal elitists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: XCTJvj1.jpg (326 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
XCTJvj1.jpg
326 KB, 1500x1500
Help me out /mu/
>>
Tell them how slipknot basically invented heavy metal.
>>
Transcendental Black Metal
>>
>>65635170
tell them how hyperborean Liturgy is, then tell them that Aesthetica better than Filosofem because of how transcendental it is
>>
>>65635413
>>65635416
I will never not get triggered by Liturgy and Triple H.
>>
File: Liturgy.jpg (193 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
Liturgy.jpg
193 KB, 608x405
>>65635459
why, when he's so adorkable? :3
>>
Bring up Burzum vs Euronymous
just generally strawman the fuck out of Burzum
>>
>>65635353
>Iowa is heavily death metal influenced
>Tracks like Scissors, The Nameless or the title track on Iowa are about as progressive as DsO
something like that
>>
Americans make the best black metal
Black metal is the only good metal for the most part
Industrial anything is shit
Raw black metal > trve 90’s shit
>>
>>65635528
Just take a negative stance against varg and you're set with black metal guys.
>>
recommend they listen to Depressive Black Metal like Gris or Leviathan
>>
Say atmoshit is the pinnacle of BM.
>>
Listen to anything that isn't metal.

Seriously, metal fans are the absolute worst. Nothing but edgelords who don't listen to anything that's not \m/ br00tal d00d
>>
>>65635763
I just unintentionally got into metal after checking out some apeshit insane technical album I saw on here a few days ago, is it too late for me to save myself?
I don't even like pretty much all metal I've heard otherwise, especially stuff with the stereotypical screamed vocals
>>
>>65635763
>metalheads listen to nothing but metal
that one triggered me for sure.
>>
>>65635170
I fucking hate this obsession you surface-level plebs have with 'metal elitists'

god forbid people expect talent and have high standards for the music they listen to. No, we should all jerk off mediocre music because 'they r tryin rlly hard :)))))))'

elitism isn't a bad thing, now fuck off
>>
>>65635833
It's too late, you became a metal addict.
Just off yourself
>>
>>65635955
I literally just tried the new Jute Gyte album on bandcamp
I haven't even downloaded it yet
now that I think about it though I'm pretty sure I liked what I heard of the last Animals as Leaders album
I guess I'm fucked then
>>
>>65635919
>they r tryin rlly hard :)))))))
wait isn't that the same thing as "expecting talent" or trying to meet "standards" like you mention

>>65635985
>Jute Gyte
at least youre being fucked good
>>
Lump Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero and Gojira in the same category as Edge of Sanity, Opeth, and Atheist.
>>
>>65635919
Classic case of "can dish it but can't take it". i'm just really glad metal vs indie/anything is becoming a thing again.
>>
>>65636056
metal vs metal is always the funniest
>>
>>65636072
that's why i visit the general.
>>
>>65636056
Nah that's merely one whiny bitch that can't hack it. DSBM is superior metal anyways so it's cool.
>>
>>65635170
Babymetal
>>
>>65636426
You'll get heated discussions between metalheads, but not an almost unanimous trigger.
>>
>>65635919
>>65635170
congratulations OP, you have done it
>>
atmosludge
>>
Dream Theater is a great band
>>
>>65636017
is there anything else like Jute Gyte? I'd like to continue to be fucked good desu
>>
>>65635919
no it's god forbid you act like an unbearable shitlord, now fuck off
>>
File: animals-as-leaders-4faf0af52d65e.jpg (362 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
animals-as-leaders-4faf0af52d65e.jpg
362 KB, 1000x1000
Djent
>>
>>65635528
>>65635583
If you support Varg you're nothing but fucking scum, and just another peasant who isn't supposed to listen BLACK METAL.

HAIL EURONYMOUS, HAIL DEAD, ANTI-GRISHNACK FOREVER, END BURZUM NOW!

FUCK YOU!
>>
>>65635833
>after checking out some apeshit insane technical album I saw on here a few days ago
which album?
>>
File: a1238998127_16.jpg (64 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a1238998127_16.jpg
64 KB, 700x700
>>65637324
this
https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/
here's an excerpt from the description, which describes his process for every track in detail
>Several tracks on this album feature multiple simultaneous tempi, something I haven't previously explored aside from triplets (a 3:2 tempo ratio) and hemiolas (a 2:3 ratio). The coda of the first track features a tempo ratio of 7:8, with seven beats to a measure in the guitars and 808 and eight beats to a measure in the bass, drums and processed rhythm. The closeness of the 7:8 ratio creates a rhythmic interference pattern or “dissonance”—the ear expects resolution in the form of one tempo either slowing or accelerating to match the other and establish a common pulse. Other tracks use more complex ratios, like the 4:5:6:7 ratio at the most complex point of “I Am in Athens”. With four simultaneous tempi, unlike two, the feeling of being pulled towards a resolution dissipates, perhaps because there are so many possible resolutions, and the rhythmic aggregate stabilizes. “Palimpsest” doesn't use multiple tempi but is structured around a consistent 33-beat hypermeter, something I haven't used before in my metal work. I've been writing music in shifting meters for so long that having a single hypermeter governing an entire track seemed almost like cheating; having every part of the track last 33(n) beats allowed me to interrelate the track's sections to a greater degree than I usually manage. These rhythmic strategies are part of a long-term goal to unite aspects of my electronic work, which uses process-based gradient structures and is concerned primarily with rhythm and timbre (see Dialectics), and my black metal work, which is pitch-oriented and structured in traditional discrete sections.
>>
Without Varg, black metal wouldn't be overrun with hipsters and Americans right now. Varg is directly responsible for the death of black metal.

>>65637368
>The microtonal meme guy again
Even innovative metal is stagnant.
>>
>>65637470
T H A N K Y O U

FUCK VARG VIKERNES
>>
>>65635919
You'll grow up eventually
>>
>>65637470
microtonal stuff is cool though fampai
>>
>>65637368
oh nice! i was actually the anon who posted that in that black metal thread. glad you were able to expand your tastes a little bit.

that album is bonkers. i would definitely check out his other albums if you haven't already. my favorite by him is probably vast chains.

outside of him though, if you're looking for more really technical stuff i would give these a shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqY2p2Tlsbg&list=PLBFnOMN1-ElZ-hPozqwZC9MKbSujor75-&index=6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bUle4zMYqE
>>
File: Cover.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Say you enjoy melodeath
>>
>>65637603
isn't melodeath kind of an oxymoron?
>>
>>65637650
It's basically Iron Maiden/power metal riffs with harsh vocals
>>
>>65637650
why would it be?
>>
>>65637650
That's what my dad always says.
>>
Varg invented black metal all by himself.
>>
Criticize the production of OSDM records and say death metal albums should all have clean production to "keep up with the times."
>>
Defend anything -core except grindcore
>>
>>65637676
one of the most defining characteristics of death metal is dissonance

>>65637698
damn your dad listens to death metal? that's dope
>>
>>65635170

any 2nd wave post-black artist desu
>>
File: 1465231709747.gif (955 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1465231709747.gif
955 KB, 360x360
>>65637743
>>
>>65637809
>one of the most defining characteristics of death metal is dissonance
Ehm wut
>>
>>65635170
You just need to say that metal is obnoxious af. They will cry like baby faggots.
>>
>>65637556
His electronic stuff sounds great
>>
>>65637556
I definitely do plan on trying his other stuff, and I'll check out those other links in a bit (I won't right now because all I have available are shitty apple earbuds.)
And yeah, for whatever reason it seems like I tend to like the more technical side of genres I like. Not even because I like the fact that it's technical (though I do find it fascinating when it's at the level of something like Jute Gyte,) it just happen to like stuff that is for whatever reason.
>>65637914
I actually mostly listen to electronic stuff, so I'll have to check that out as well. Might not like it as much though because I'm super picky.
>>
>>65637809
>damn your dad listens to death metal? that's dope
Haha no that's just what he said when I mentioned "melodic death metal" to him once.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.