[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are you still on track for hearing 365 albums this year? share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1464492668200.jpg (170 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1464492668200.jpg
170 KB, 960x640
albums that are new to you at least....

these are the following id recommend

MIKAL CRONIN Mcii
JOPLIN RICE hurricane alaska
J DILLA donuts
SLEEP sleep's holy mountain
TALK TALK laughing stock

CLEANERS FROM VENUS midnight cleaners

THE SERVANTS small time
WIPERS is this real?
FACTORY FLOOR factory floor
SALAD BOYS metalmania
U-ZIQ aberystwyth marine
DEERHOOF La isla bonita
DAVID BOWIE black star

FREDDY GIBBS & MADLIB pinata

WAND 1000 days
TY SEGALL emotional mugger
TELEVISION marquee moon
JESSY LANZA pull my hair back
BREEDERS title tk
PAUL MCCARTNEY chaos and creation in the backyard
SONIC YOUTH evol
TAME IMPALA currents
THE AMPS pacer

GUIDED BY VOICES english little league

D'ANGELO AND THE VANGUARD black messiah

SWIRLIES They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days In The Glittering World Of The Salons

JESSY LANZA oh no

GUIDED BY VOICES class clown spots a UFO

VENETIAN SNARES traditional synthesizer music
TALK TALK spirit of eden
WOO awaawaa
RADIOHEAD a moon shaped pool
PILOTREDSUN achievement
CLARK clark
>>
Did you hear the new GBV? Its really good.
>>
File: 1465715024360.jpg (171 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1465715024360.jpg
171 KB, 408x408
>tfw you find out you're literally less than 10 albums shy of 365 already
what is a life?
>>
>>65627111
wait I did! I forgot to put in my fucking list haha, it is technically a robert pollard record though. I better listen to it again anyways. I will see gbvlive in a couple months cant wait
>>
>>65627138
>next level
do you play an instrument? if you've actually heard 355 new albums then you will be a godsend to any band.
>>
>>65627186
>it is technically a robert pollard record though.
interesting maybe thats why I like it so much. I'm not very familiar with either at all but from the little I heard I preferred his solo stuff.
>>
>>65627210
>new
oh
nvm
I've listened to like 200 new albums though.
>>
>>65627783
>200
still ahead of the game!
>>
>>65627138

This. I started in fucking early May and I'm now at 121.
>>
>>65627210
>if you've actually heard 355 new albums then you will be a godsend to any band.
>listing to music makes you proficient at playing music
holy shit check this faggot out
>>
>>65627138
>what is life?
i feel you. i hit 600 albums this week. my mind feels like it's wired to a million aux cables these days.
>>
>>65628537
5 albums per day cannot be good for your mind man. I used to listen to as many albums as i could, usually 3 a day. But later I realized that I didnt remember shit from an album i listened the day before so now i listen one album per one or two days.
>>
>>65629568
>But later I realized that I didnt remember shit from an album i listened the day before so now i listen one album per one or two days.
I use rym to catalogue what i think of it. I don't really care about remembering every album I listen to, i just want to generally know what it sounded like, and what i thought of it. Just collect that information, that's good enough for me. I listen to music to learn and experience, not enjoyment, the enjoyment comes through discovery and learning, not just the music itself.
>>
>>65628325
are you illiterate? He said the other guy would be great in a band IF he played an instrument
>>
>>65629568 not me >>65629634 but sorta true. i keep a journal and log everything i listen to kinda like how people make charts and shit here. but yeah i agree, 4-5 albums a day is a bit much. i'm trying to switch gears. my goal was to listen to 1,000 albums this year. i figured i could handle it since i had already heard 600 before that.
>>
File: albums.png (2 KB, 145x73) Image search: [Google]
albums.png
2 KB, 145x73
>>65627210
Guess I'm some kind of new Mozart, what instrument should I learn to play?
>>
>>65630318
Pandereta
>>
>>65628325
>listing to music
>>
>>65630318
bass. go hard, skip the student gear and drop $1000 on a decent bass and amp, it can be sold if it turns out not for you. but you will surely fit in a band well if you are a music nerd and know how to play bass
>>
>>65627063
>MIKAL CRONIN Mcii
Such a fucking underrated album. One of my absolute favorites in the past 5 years.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.