[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of these is the Pet Sounds of this generation of music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: Feelsweather Post Pavilion.jpg (266 KB, 894x445) Image search: [Google]
Feelsweather Post Pavilion.jpg
266 KB, 894x445
One of these is the Pet Sounds of this generation of music.

Which is it?
>>
Feels desu
MPP has the emotional appeal of a wet noodle in comparison
>>
>>65622336
MPP
>>
MPP is more consistent but Feels has better highs
>>
>>65622539
I love Feels but inconsistency is definitely something that plagues the album.
>>
Wtf is MPP?
>>
>>65622648
an album i think
>>
>>65622648
my pink penis
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 547x471
There isn't a bad song on feels

Everything flows

MPP is a singles album with two duds

Feels is better desu
>>
Feels
>>
Banshee Beat is the greatest song of the 2000's
>>
Strawberry Jam
>>
Neither of those are sung tongs
>>
>>65622648
MayweatherPestPapillion
>>
>>65623086
Hung Dongs is more like SMiLE honestly
>>
MBDTF
>>
Dansee Manatee
>>
File: images-4.jpg (7 KB, 148x148) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
7 KB, 148x148
pic- related.

the love themes, stellar song-writing, vocal harmonies, even the instrumentation kind of give me that vibe though out the record

>>65622336
>>65622362
>>65622483
>>65622589
>>65622648
>>65623086
>>65623130
>>65623162
>>65623500
>not one mention of person pitch

Dont get me wrong, its not my favorite anco release but i do believe it most resembles Pet Sounds, at least in terms of Anco
>>
>>65624657
Person Pitch isn't poppy enough. It resembles Entroducing more than Pet Sounds. I could never understand the comparison other than the vocals.
>>
>>65624657
>Father John Memesty
>image for ants
>picking a third choice when they asked for a choice between two
>replies to everyone in the thread
>calls person pitch an anco release
Very well crafted b8
>>
>>65624716
yeah you have a point, however the great mid-ought anco albums have less of a correlation to the beach boys. If im gonna be real i think Painting With might most resemble PS just because of the shorter more fleshed out pop songs, just has none of the instrumentation.
>>
>>65624882
Except half of PW is complete garbage. I'd have to say MPP is the best answer, even if the songs twice as long and tend to drag a bit.
>>
>>65622963
>there isn't a bad song on feels
daffy duck
flesh canoe
>>
File: holy_grail_dennis_rants.jpg (18 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
holy_grail_dennis_rants.jpg
18 KB, 500x390
>>65624995
>half of PW is complete garbage
>>
>>65625171
>Vertical
>Natural Selection
>Bagels in Kiev
>Spilling Guts
>Summing the Wretch

Almost half anyway. Vertical isn't complete garbage though but it's still very not good.
>>
>>65625244
natural selection isn't very good but everything else is great

>tfw for me, for me, for me
>tfw TAKE THE HIT OR TAKE THE FALL
>tfw the snare on summing the wretch and DON'T GET CAUGHT WATCHING
>tfw these days i'm not so soouure
>>
I've always thought of Person Pitch, if for no other reason, taking the emotional sentiments and vocal style of the record and stretching and applying it to 21st century style psych pop songs and textures, while incorporating music of the time period surrounding Pet Sounds.
Plus, Pet Sounds, and Person Pitch?
Pet Sounds refers to Brian's noises and ideas, the Person Pitch is Noah's voice.
>>
I think I'm the only person on the planet who loves the alternating singing style. It makes it sound like the two of them are so in tune with each other.

>>65625920
you are not the first one to think of this, friendo
>>
>>65625148
>flesh canoe
kysmm
>>
>>65622336
MPP no question
>>
It's none of those; it's Strawberry Jam
>>
>>65625967
Yeah I know, the realization about the titles came from reading stuff on here.
I agree with you on the hocketing also, it's a really cool thing to see done live because of the rhythms and whatnot
>>
File: ayyyylmao.png (419 KB, 728x626) Image search: [Google]
ayyyylmao.png
419 KB, 728x626
>pet sounds ends with the sound of a train passing by
>person pitch begins with the sound of a train rolling in
>>
>>65622648
merriweather post pavillion
>>
>>65622648
Massive Penetrating Phalluses
>>
>Reviews noted the album is Animal Collective's most accessible, as well as a culmination of their previous work. Many have said it is Animal Collective's most Beach Boys-like album,[37] and in this sense an easier listen than most of their earlier, more avant-garde work. Pitchfork Media gave the album a 9.6 out of 10 rating, stating the album is "striking in its immediacy and comes across as friendly and welcoming".[38] Later that year, Pitchfork ranked Merriweather Post Pavilion 14 on their Top 200 Albums of the 2000s list and also the Album of the Year for 2009.[39] The A.V. Club called the album a "summation and an expansion of everything Animal Collective has done so far, with a sharper focus on melody and more emboldened vocals that drive the songs."[40] Dave Simpson of The Guardian gave the album four out of five stars, declaring the album sound as "their most 'pop'" and the album itself as "a joyful, transcendent record somehow reminiscent of kids let loose in a musical sandpit."[41] Entertainment Weekly awarded the album an A- stating that although it "won't land the band the opening slot on a Coldplay tour", the album "cleaves closer to Person Pitch's more listener-friendly aesthetic".[42] In their 2009 end of year coverage, UK music magazine Clash named 'Merriweather Post Pavilion' its Album of the Year, publishing an in-depth look at the album and interview with the band's Noah Lennox (a.k.a. Panda Bear).[43] Spin Magazine ranked it the best album of the year,[44] as did Entertainment Weekly and KEXP.[45] Rolling Stone placed it at 14 on their list.[46] Readers across Canada voted the album the No. 2 experimental[47] and No. 7 electro album of 2009 in Exclaim! magazine.[48]
>>
>>65623017
This
>>
>For Person Pitch, the influences were really about production — Donuts by J. Dilla, even something like Beck’s Odelay, which was a Dust Brothers production — in terms of sampling, that’s where my train of thought was coming from. For me, Pet Sounds wouldn’t be the first thing I would compare my album with…first, because it would be kind of arrogant.
>>
File: modern vamps.png (473 KB, 688x691) Image search: [Google]
modern vamps.png
473 KB, 688x691
you'll vehemently argue that it isn't but in the end it's the only right answer for this decade
>>
>>65623017
>>65626205
How can anyone actually hold this opinion? I love Strawberry Jam but I'd like to know your reasoning.
>>
>>65626347
seriously, i'd like to know their reasoning too.
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 1136x640
>>65622336
Only people who don't get AnCo think these are anywhere near their best work.
>>
>>65626641
That's not even what the thread is about though dude
>>
>>65626046
>pet
>person

>sound
>pitch
>>
>>65626347
>>65626607
It's good
>>
>>65622336
Sung Tongs
>>
>>65622648
my ploppy poop
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.