[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes 21 Pilots so detestable? They're so popular among
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1465706932894.jpg (41 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1465706932894.jpg
41 KB, 650x488
What makes 21 Pilots so detestable? They're so popular among my friends, but I cannot stand them for some reason.
>>
My name is blurryface and I care what you think.
>>
>white people
>rapping

There you go.
>>
File: 9Nj99.jpg (500 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
9Nj99.jpg
500 KB, 600x800
>>65621298
wish we could turn back time
>>
It's a watered-down bastardization of cloud rappers like Lil Ugly Mane, Bones, or Spooky Black.
>>
I'll forever stand by their first two albums being great.
Now they're just pandering.
>>
>>65621399
>>65621360

There's something more, though. I should be happy that a portion of the girls I know listen to them over other garbage, but I think I hate them even more than most pop musicians
>>
I CAN RIDE MY BIKE WITH NO HANDLEBARS NO HANDLEBARS NO HANDLEBARD
>>
>>65621448
It's precisely because they steal skilled rappers' sound (previously mentioned), strip it of all emotion, and then market it to the at40 crowd that I dislike them.

Noy only is their music vapid, they steal their sound from significantly more skilled musicians.
>>
>>65621462
Wow. That took me back...
>>
>>65621298
because emotional white niggas always sound like they want something. they want attention or someone to suck them off. 21 pilots is what happens when that nig who plays guitar at an artisinal coffee shop gets popular. the rapping is just incidental.
>>
>>65621298
Because they think that they are waaaay 'deeper' than they really are. they just talk about anxiety mostly.

they have some catchy beats though. not too bad if you don't listen to the lyrics, I dont think they would be half bad if they changed their lyrics.
>>
I think they're pretty good, a little too whiny though. Ride and Tear in my Heart and the Ukelele one are good fucking songs though.
>>
>>65621298
Their whole message involves faking depression in order to avoid adulthood and all the responsibility that comes with it; Stressed Out is essentially an anthem for lazy millennials. Also, you can tell just by their lyrics that neither one of them has ever experienced genuine mental health issues, and the fact that people still hail them as being "deep" and "genuine" fucking infuriates me.
>>
>>65621837
I think it's pretty clear that the frontman has serious anxiety and depression problems from his interviews, affect, mannerisms and just general neuroses. Just because he sings about it doesn't mean it isn't genuine.

I would bet money that when analyzed by a psychiatrist, he would be diagnosed with depression and Generalized anxiety disorder.
>>
>>65621886
Please don't defend this shit band.
>>
>>65621924
just because they're shit that doesn't mean the frontman is a liar

he's a shitter for plenty other reasons
>>
File: 1464535934569.jpg (44 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1464535934569.jpg
44 KB, 599x600
>>65621837
>Their whole image
>That one song

No.
>>
>>65621837
This, it's like that tumblr/Twitter "le crippling depression anxiety" semi-meme that all young people seem to participate in. The music is shallow, the equivalent of those "really makes you think" chain posts on social media written by retarded 11th graders who think they've discovered how the world works. And they're hailed as something profound by normies for it.
>>65621886
If he was seriously mentally ill he wouldn't constantly tour/participate in press/use social media
>>
>>65621924
Go to reddit if you want a circlejerk.

>>65622006
That's an absurdly simplistic view of mental illness.
>>
>>65622006
t. 12th grader who thinks he's discovered how the world works

Get over yourself.
>>
>>65622006
>If he was seriously mentally ill he wouldn't constantly tour/participate in press/use social media
Cobain?
>>
>>65621298
The reason why I don't like them is because they've been done before (and much better, at that), and yet people still think they're some kind of new and revolutionary act.
>>
>>65621448
Because they don't have nice feet like Taylor
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.